11

We're all heading to our next destination and Marc says "I really liked that jacket, oh well" And gives it to y/n.
Layla says "what was Harrow talking about?
Marc says "what do you mean?" Layla says "he said that I had a right to know."
Marc says "I have no idea" while changing his shirt.
Layla says " I never told anyone why I really moved. I mean, but he knew, he just saw right through me"
Marc says " Layla, I don't know, he's just trying to mess with you. Can you hand me the shirt in my backpack y/n/n" she hands him the shirt says "there you go" Marc continues " he's trying to get in your mind. Thank you" and takes the shirt.
Marc, still talking, "no, Don't let him do that. You know, he's got this idea he can see the true nature of people or some baloney like that. If that were true I don't think he'd have a bunch of homicidal maniacs as his disciples, would he?" Layla says " so, it's not true? What he said about you and-" Marc interrupts " No no no of course it's not true, He's just trying to divide us. Don't let him get in your head"
Y/n steps up saying "I'm just gonna go home at the next stop" Marc says angrily "Why the heck would you do that?" She says "you don't need me. You have Layla" Layla says "someone jealous? He is my husband after all" and smirks.
Y/n says "yeah and you also filed for divorce so make up your mind do you want him or no? You're messing with his mind making him think you do when you don't" Marc says "y/n/n baby, I need you here. You know the stars better than I do" she says "you have Steven." He says "Steven will be upset if you leave. He's giving me trouble about it right now."
She says "I mean if you really need me I guess I'll help" Layla says "lord Marc, don't beg the woman to stay for you" Marc says "I gave her a choice. Something people don't give me. And Layla believe it or not I need her, be... because I love her." Layla gasps and y/n says "you do love me?" He says "of course I do, you know Steven does too!" They smile at each other.
Layla says " Every time I learn something new about you I think, 'That's it. There can't possibly be Any secrets left between us' And then something else pops up And it's like I haven't known you at all. And... and now you confess you love HER!?" Marc says "yeah, you haven't, you don't" Layla looks like she's about to cry but holds it in.

-awhile later and trying to solve the puzzle-

Marc says "here try this"
And hands Layla a piece of the map and she says "maybe actually!" Marc says "here how about this one?" She says "no, got anything else?"
Y/n says " I'm not getting any whole constellations, it's just little pieces and fragments." Marc slams his fists on the hood of the jeep, sighs and walks off. Y/n walks after him and says "Marc, stop being so hard on yourself. This is a very tough project we have to complete and you know how well I know stars and I can barely figure it out. So don't stress yourself." And Marc grabs her hand and says "I just wish we weren't on the run searching Ammit and Harrow. I would enjoy just spending the day with you." And sadly smiles.
Y/n says "Marc, that sounds awesome and when this is finished we will do that, that's a promise. I heard you tell Layla that's not who you are though?" He says " I am if it's the right person, you're the right one for me. I just don't know how to make Layla understand that cause we kinda need her help so I can't make her extremely mad. When she asked me earlier in the car what did Harrow mean by his words he used, I wanted to tell her the truth but that would end terribly and we would never find Ammit"
She says "well, what's the truth?" He says " me, her father and a couple of other dudes were out on a mercenary mission and one of the guys got greedy over the money and killed everyone, I tried to stop him but...but it was too late. he killed her father. She doesn't know that thought." Y/n says "you do need to tell her soon Marc. She deserves to know" he nods and walks back saying " this is going to take forever" and runs his hands through his hair.
Layla says "Marc, we need Steven. He understands all of this. I really think it's worth giving him a shot."
Khonshu says " I summon the gods, you summon the worm. He won't return the body"
Layla says " Marc, we can't Just wait. It's okay, just let go. We don't have time!"
Marc gets distressed and rips off the mirror of the car and throws it to the side. He sighs and grabs all of the stuff and walks off from Layla, she says "what are you doing?". He nods for y/n to follow him.
Marc pulls out the mirror from the car and says " all right, go ahead, you're in" to Steven.
Steven faces and says "cheers! Thanks a lot! Alright yea!" He starts pulling out tape and putting it together while saying to himself "that goes there, This goes here, don't need that, I don't need that" Layla stares at him and says "Steven?"
Steven stares at her confusedly and says " Egyptians invented modern navigation. There's not a lot of landmarks in the desert. So, they came up with a way To get about using The sun and the stars. Bloody genius, isn't it?" She nods and y/n says "Steven, ive missed you" and smiles widely.
He says "sweetheart I've missed you so!" And gently kisses her and puts his and up to her cheek and she puts her hands in his soft, curly, long hair while they continue to kiss. Layla says "ahem" they continue and she says "AHEM!" And both stop to look at her.
Steven says "el vola!" And holds up the star.
He says "it's French" and smiles. Layla says "I know" and chuckles. She adds " so what do we do with it?" Steven says "well, I don't know, I'm not sure but,- hold on wait a moment! Do you see that!!! He said there's little pinpricks there!?" Y/n says in awe "it's a constellation" Layla says " We should be able to triangulate The stars in the coordinates right? We... we just scan it" and pulls out her scanner.
Steven says " Well, umm, actually... unfortunately, it's not that simple. Well you see, Senfu... Senfu marked that tomb-" y/n joins Steven "2,000 years ago" she continues " The stars drift overtime, not far as much as stars go but. But it could mean that there's some sort of difference Between us searching miles away From where we're supposed to be looking."
Steven says " so, unless, We know exactly what the sky looked like on a date we're buggered."
Khonshu says " I remember that night. I remember every night." You can see him in the distance on a hill and walks off.
They all follow him and Stephen shouts "Khonshu!?" He says " I can turn back the night sky" Steven and y/n say "how"
Khonshu says "it will come at a cost and I can not do it alone. Steven, when the gods imprison me, tell Marc to free me."
Steven gets the Mr. Knight suit on, and y/n calls on Nut to give her the suit as well.
Khonshu says "Do what I do" and starts to reverse the sky with Stevens and y/n help.
The gods see what he's doing and slowly puts him in stone which makes him lose turning back the sky so Steven and y/n work twice as hard and eventually turn the sky.
Steven stands up alongside y/n and look over at Khonshu seeing him on the floor needing help so she runs up to him saying "we will come back for you Khonshu" he says "I know you will my little star. I sent Nut to look after you. Never forget my child" and he disappears into the stone.
All of a sudden Steven passes out.
Y/n says "Steven, Stevie, darling!?" While trying to get him conscious. Layla says "Steven, Marc, Marc , come on Marc come on wake up."