📼 𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐍..

izabela / -lxcifer presents,
based off of stranger things
( with season 4 spoilers ),
" BILLIE JEAN "

          REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE, OF the skill of your own tongue or of your dexterity around picking the right words, with just the right amount of boldness or bravery, one right song can speak for itself pages worth of poetry, hours worth of con...

          REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE, OF the skill of your own tongue or of your dexterity around picking the right words, with just the right amount of boldness or bravery, one right song can speak for itself pages worth of poetry, hours worth of confessions. It started with a song for them as well, in the autumn of 1985, with Halloween around the corner and the chills of the Starcourt Mall tragedy still gloomily hanging over Hawkins in an uneasily quiet fog.

Music is what feelings sound like. As the silly brains of the smallest creatures -a moth drawn to a light-, ours too is bound to its inertial instinct to seek itself out in rhythms and beats. It dreads and desires to be riddled, figured out and ultimately, understood.

" Billie Jean is not my lover, " says the untamed boy with rosey cheeks and a stack of all the music tapes she had gifted him the past five months arranged, contrary to his room's disorganized order, alphabetically right beside his bed.

" Eddie? The Munson boy, my lover? As if..., " she tries to deny it in disgust, in front of the expecting eyes of a family who moved to Hawkins to forget dramatics and start fresh, not get worried by her antics and entourage. But there she was, humming to his unreleased songs still, as if no one would watch. As if no one would be listening.

That's the thing about small towns like Hawkins: the streets have eyes, each wall you hide behind has ears and if you're unlucky enough, the wrong things might be taking a peek at your life before they decide they want to make it stranger. Secrets don't last long in a town like this.

Between chords and pumping blood, "Billie Jean" and Eddie unknowingly sign up for a rad spring break.

Two mysteries.
Too many secrets.
No big deal, right?

' the main characters '

Emily Rudd as
Billie Carter