012. You Better Do What You Can..

Roane Hill Cemetery was not such an unusual place to visit considering the negativism Max was letting gravitate around her like a cloak of self-defense, but it was bound to make them restless. Lucas Sincalir was outside the car, warming his hands in the pockets of his jacket and watching uphill for Max; Steve Harrington was in the driver's seat, window rolled down and left hand tapping the outside of the car's door; Dustin Henderson was in the seat next to Steve, with the camera from the video equipment Billie Jean sent her brother to bring them.

Devin was a weird boy, but he didn't hold back on speaking about anything and everything, including the fact that Vecna took another soul and his sister is still hellbent on the demonic involvement. Dustin still didn't believe her, but after reading what Ms. Kelly wrote about her, he promised himself he wouldn't be as mean about it anymore. Like... it wasn't her fault her mother killed herself in the same room with her and that shit fucked with her brain.

"I don't get why Eddie likes her so much though," Dustin mumbled for the thousandth time since they met Billie.

"Maybe you just don't know this Eddie guy as well as you thought!" Steve snapped at him, too on the edge to care for his tone. He was nervous, looking at Max, visiting her step-brother's grave for whatever reason. He didn't like this. He didn't like any of this. Especially having to steal glances at the super-talkie Dustin kept and worry double the amount about Nancy and Robin talking with an actual psycho miles away.

Click after click, Dustin was fidgeting a crazy amount with that camera. "Dude!" Steve hit the camera out of Dustin's hands and it fell in the boy's lap. "Can you stop with that? I thought we agreed we're not filming Max.

"Ouch!" Dustin dramatically voiced. "I was not filming Max," with sarcastic diction, he defended himself, "I was just admiring the insane amount of funding Billie and Austin's science club benefitted from." Irreversibly, Dustin had always looked at their restricted club and remembered the middle school days, before all the Upside Down madness, before Will went missing.

Shortly, a knock on his window made the boys flinch. "You're not using the camera right, kid," Billie stared down at Dustin.

"Billie Jean?" Dustin narrowed his eyes, shocked to see the girl.

"Don't call me that," she shook her head, rather uncomfortable to hear the chill of that nickname, but have Eddie be absolutely nowhere near her. Either way, she stepped aside to let Dustin open the car door and once he was out, Sam Carter fished the camera out of his hands.

"How did you find us?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," Billie teased Dustin's curiosity with a half smile, then lowered down to look at Steve, still inside the car. "Where are Nancy and Robin?"

"Following the Victor Creel lead."

"He's the only one who survived Vecna," Dustin grinned at her, however, being met with a grimace reminded him in the hitch of a breath to be a little less boastful in front of this crazy person.

"They'll tell us how he made it so we can help Max," Steve explained the rest of the plan.

"What about Eddie?" Billie smiled. She hated that no one saw the demonic problem here, but she absolutely loathed that they all forgot they were losing precious time in trying to help Eddie out too. Sooner rather than later, the Hawkins Police were going to reveal to the public that he's their main suspect and then, solving this amiably, in a small court assembly was out of the question. It was one thing to prove the demonic and the supernatural to five people and a whole other thing to a whole town benefitting from newspapers and radio communications. It could potentially turn into a state-wide conflict. The very thought of it horrified her and she could almost hear the chants of people wanting to prosecute the only person who has successfully saved her from the constant horror story of her life so far.