000. EPILOGUE..

epilogue 📼 " billie jean, she's just a girl.. "

          IN 1984, THE AVERAGE INMATE HAD TO WAIT FOR A LITTLE over six years from their sentencing to the actual execution

          IN 1984, THE AVERAGE INMATE HAD TO WAIT FOR A LITTLE over six years from their sentencing to the actual execution. Kevin Ball was sentenced to death for his crimes committed in March and however unethical the stain that would darken Powell's file promised to be, he pulled some strings with Hopper's new friends helped and made sure his execution was in the week following the awfully short process.

Billie was brought forward, towards the mirrored glass. They were in the witness room, where lights were turned off and all the few chairs were occupied only by people who she would have wanted there anyhow. Eddie and his uncle, Barry, Devin, Steve, Nancy, Robin and Hopper. Beside Billie was Powell, setting up the microphone through which she had been allowed to speak, if so she wishes.

It was Kevin's last wish before they turned on the electric chair, the death he had chosen to go out in: to talk to Billie Carter.

"So we meet, No-Balls-Kev," Billie spoke and her voice was carried into the one speaker in his execution room. A plain one. No shapes on the walls, on the ceiling, save for the circle on the wall which Kevin imagined marked the middle of the room and the place where the chair was supposed to be put.

He was, at his request, not facing the witness room, as his disgust for mirrors remained.

"Billie Jean...," Kevin leant his head back.

"You don't have the right to call me that. To you, it's Miss Carter."

"So blunt," he laughed, but had no wish to turn around. He was content being in that chair, looking at that wall. "You must truly think you've won, stupid Miss Carter."

"I did win."

Kevin shook his head gently, from side to side, "I'll make sure you die..."

"Really?" Billie broke her bluntness to laugh through. She leant over the microphone, her palms planting on the surface of the table it was set on. "In five minutes you'll be dead. And I'll watch you die. Who's stupid now?"

"Still you."

"Come on," Eddie rolled his eyes. "Fry the motherfucker before I break his teeth from talking like that with my girl." Annoyed, his arms crossed at his chest and his right knee started bouncing.

"It's okay, baby," Billie used her answer to Eddie's care, still warming her heart every day, to mock Kevin. "He's simply in denial. That's how crazy people are when they know they've lost in front of a bunch of teenagers. It must hurt. More than it did when we killed your little demon."

Kevin's jaw locked. His right side of the face stung from the burns that remained, scarring him. On his tongue was the bitter taste of hatred.

"You have no idea what you've unleashed," his voice darkened, losing its tone of superiority. "You didn't win, Billie Jean, because this is just the beginning."