~Snow day~

Snow...

For the first time all year, its finally snowing!

Anya lept out of her seat as soon as the teacher dismissed the class. She'd always wanted to play in the snow, in the orphanage she was never allowed outside when the frosty flakes were in the air. After all, they couldn't afford care for healthy kids, let alone sick ones.

As soon as the girl stepped outside, the cold air stung her nose like a bee. She sniffled and blinked, her eyes watering against the icy wind whilst the snow turned her pink hair white. She grinned. (Then she stopped again because a snowflake landed on her sensitive front teeth and made her wince)

Becky soon joined her and they danced in the snow together, the other girl even taught Anya how to make snow angels. She was having the time of her life! The pair soon set to work on building a snowman.

They worked fast and efficiently, the snowman was finished in no time and Becky even pulled her frost-coated wooly hat off to put it on the snowman's head. The girls stood back and admired their handywork... until they heard a voice scream in the distance.

"SNOWBALL FIGHT!"

The entire school was in chaos, the playground became a battlefield that not even the teachers could control. Becky ran straight in, expertly scooping up round balls of snow and launching them efficiently at her targets. Anya watched in awe from behind the snowman where she hid, pawing at the ground and trying to form a ball between her mittens. No matter how hard she tried, the snow wouldn't stick!

"Eek!" She cried. The snowman fell right on top of her, burying her in snow and sending the cold mush down the back of her coat and into her boots. She scrambled out, shivering, only to be faced by Damian's friends who had knocked her and Becky's hard work over. Anya looked around... their ringleader was nowhere to be seen.

"What was that for!" Anya looked disappointed at the heap of snow on the ground, only the snowman's head was still intact. The boys laughed and stomped on the pile again.

"What, was the snowman your friend or something? Bet it's because you have none!" The boys all laughed at her, Anya just stood in silent annoyance.

"I'm gonna go find Becky-" before she could walk away, one of the boys grabbed her shoulder.

"I don't think so! We're gonna make your snow day miserable because Lord Damian isn't here to do it himself!" Anya just rolled her eyes at his threats. She looked around again

"Oh yeah, where is Damian? You guys look even more pathetic than usual without your ringleader."

The boys looked slightly hurt at her words.

"N-none of your business! Now go away commoner!"

"You were the ones who made me stay." Anya muttered under her breath while she attempted to walk away once more. Her efforts were fruitless however because a familiar name made her head turn back to the boys and her broken snowman.

"Damian! You're finally out!"

There he was, Damian, wrapped up in at least three coats, his teeth chattering and his knees shaking. Anya had to suppress a giggle at the sight of him.

"L-lord Damian?" The boys gawked at him.

"Shut u-up, I don't like the c-cold!" He could barely speak due to the chattering in his teeth, the boys all turned away and tried not to stare. Anya however, had a genius idea.

She stooped down and picked up the head of her now destroyed snowman.

"Your friends killed my snowman!" She pouted at Damian.

"So? Don't expect-t me to care."

Anya grinned.

"Why-y are you s-smiling for? Its creepy." Damian muttered. Anya just grinned wider. The boy's eyes widened. "Don't you dare throw that snow ba-"

Crash!

The giant snowball exploded over Damian, drenching him in half melted snow. He stood in shock while Anya stared, realising what she had done. When she'd taken in the scene however, she burst out laughing.

Damian was so cold that his lips were purple but he didn't have the heart to get angry at her. After all, his friends broke her snowman because of him... he sighed and muttered.

"I really can't stand you."

The boy bent down and picked up a lump of snow, hurling it at Anya and continuing to chase her around the grounds, they exchanged snowballs over and over until they were gasping for breath and the bell was ringing for next lesson.

"I'll-pant-get-pant-you-pant-back!" The cold air was like a dagger in his throat and every breath was painful. Anya tried to laugh but ended up choking on a snowflake, they nodded to eachother instead and went off in separate directions to their next classes. Secretly, they were both smiling.

"That commoner better be ready for a full on snow war!"

"I'm gonna beat him over and over until he begs for mercy!"