~Better With You pt 2~

!Read part 1 for context!

It took a bit of effort from Damian but soon, Anya was a little more relaxed. Her signature smiley and giggly nature quickly returned and she allowed Damian to twirl her around and around until she was dizzy, he said nothing but secretly the (normally stoic) boy was having fun aswell. When the music began to slow and the atmosphere changed, Anya placed her arms over Damian's shoulders and leant back, he awkwardly placed his hands on her waist, unsure of himself. The pair were nose to nose now and they swayed aimlessly in eachothers gentle arms, until the music ceased to play and the sound of chatter grew louder as kids left the building. Anya and Damian stayed still, doing nothing but looking at eachother, neither of them knowing what to do next.

"Do you... feel better?" Damian asked nervously. Anya giggled and cupped his face with one hand, leaning in and planting a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Yeah... I really do. Thank you Damian, this dance has been so much better with you here, even if we are stuck inside a closet."

The look she gave him made Damian feel as if steam was pouring out of his ears. She was looking at him as if he were the greatest person in the world, not in a superiority way, like he really mattered to her. Like he meant something other than his social status. Anya pulled herself away from him and gasped.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable!" She looked at the ground in shame. Damian panicked.

"Oh no that's not it! I just..." Anya looked back at him hopefully. "I don't mind that you did that."

Her face lit up with joy at his words. She smiled and looked at her small silver watch.

"Oh wow, its nearly midnight... we should really see if we can make a bed of some sort."

Damian snapped out of his trance. "Oh yeah, that... how though? We don't have anything in here."

"I mean you can sleep on your jacket, I'll be good as I am, I'm getting expelled tomorrow whether I get a goodnight sleep or not." She smiled sadly. "Goodnight Damian."

"Wait! You can have my jacket, I really don't need it. Plus it's cold, I don't want you getting sick." He threw the fabric round her shoulders and she let out a yelp of protest.

"No, I really don't need it."

"Take the damn jacket Anya."

"No I already said I don't need it."

"Please-"

BANG!

An ear-splitting bang followed by the crashing of metal ended their bickering. They snapped their heads round to see the source of the noise and were flabbergasted by what they saw.

Yor Forger stood panting and soaked with rain outside what used to be the closet door. The woman had kicked a gaping hole in the steel and was beckoning the two students to climb out of it. Anya nodded at Damian to oblige and the boy followed her out with his jaw still gaping.

***

"I'm gonna give you five minutes to explain to me why I found you locked inside a closet with a boy young lady." Yor's tone was angry but secretly, Anya's mother was ecstatic to be finally seeing some action in her daughter's 'love life'. As far as Yor knew, Anya had been pretty lonley so far.

"Mom I promise its not like that! I passed out at the party and then he saved me and somehow we managed to get locked in!" Anya realised how false her tale sounded before Yor even had time to voice it. "Look I know that sounds fake but I'm telling the truth I promise!"

Deep down, Yor knew her daughter was telling the truth but she was having far too much fun to admit it.

"How did you even find us? I was terrified we would be expelled!" Anya's panic was replaced by wonder as she turned to her mother questioningly.

"It's quite a long story..." Yor smiled. "To shorten things, when you didn't turn up at home after the dance, I called Becky and she said to check in here. Somehow she knew where you would be even though she wasn't with you... I was really worried about you! I thought someone had taken you and I'd have to commit another murder!"

"I- wow mom." Anya was too stunned to speak. Yor was so overprotective... but it actually came in handy.

***

"Thank you Miss Forger." Damian bowed awkwardly to Yor as she dropped him off outside his house. As soon as he was gone, Anya freaked out again.

"Mom I promise I can explain-"

"Shhhh, honey... I really don't care. Do whatever you want as long as you don't die or cost me loads of money."

And with those final words, they never spoke of it again.