Clown Crash

Wanda ended up being stuck with the group of women Rachel left her with, struggling to act like she belonged in the higher class she was surrounded by. Whilst she was friends with Tony, he was very tame in comparison to the vultures that were the socialites here.

Just smile and nod was the mantra going through Wanda's head whilst silently begging for Rachel to return and save her from this nightmare. Now she understood Harvey's anxiousness to coming here. Unfortunately, after a quick glance around the room Rachel wasn't in sight along with Harvey, so Wanda had to free herself.

"Ladies, I apologise but I have to go to the restroom. So if you'll excuse me...?" Wanda prodded.
"Ah of course Miss Stark, we wouldn't want you to do your business here now would we?" All the women burst out laughing.
"Eh yes..." Wanda gave them a sarcastic smile and walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wanda ran out of the bathroom as soon as she heard the gunshot. She mentally berated herself as she came to care for Rachel resulting in her deciding to break her vow of not being a hero in this world if her good friend was in danger and that was a possibility right now.

When she entered the living room, she was blocked by a huge crowd that left a large opening in the middle of the room, where she could see the face of a...clown? Wanda was somewhat amused at the irony of the situation and the clown recognised that.

"We are tonight's entertainment." The painted man spoke to the crowd before taking a bite from the food stick in a cocktail, which muffled his voice as he continued his speech.
"I only have one question. Where is Harvey Dent?"

Wanda's eyes widened. Of course trouble had to find her. If Harvey was in danger, then she would have to help him if she wanted to keep Rachel happy. Plus she knew how it felt to lose the man you love. She couldn't let the woman who has only been nice to her since she got here, go through that.

With a hardened resolve, Wanda began to stalk the man in the opening. Her eyes followed his back as she made her way closer to him, moving through the crowd as he questioned the guests.
"You know, I'll settle for his loved ones."
"We're not intimidated by thugs." Wanda could only respect the elderly man for standing up to the clown, but she knew it meant nothing as thugs like these didn't care who they had to kill to get what they wanted.

"You know...you remind me of my father. I hated my father." The Clown grabbed the elder by the head and put a knife to his mouth. Wanda had to restrain herself from blasting the villain right then and there, but she again told herself, only if Rachel or Harvey were in direct trouble. And as soon as she thought that, Rachel the amazing woman that she was, had to try and save the day.

"Okay, stop!" The woman in the green dress stepped out from the crowd to face the man with the knife.
"Well, hello beautiful. You must be Harvey's squeeze. Hmm? And you are beautiful." The clown approached her, then made his way around her, observing her, making her more uncomfortable than she already was.
Wanda felt her foot take a step forward as she balled her fists.

"You look nervous. Is it the scars? You wanna know how I got them?" Without waiting for a response, the man grabbed Rachel and Wanda could feel the magic pulsating within her, but she knew she had to wait.
"Come here. Hey. Look at me." He forced Rachel's face in his direction.
"So I had a wife. She was beautiful, like you...who tells me I worry too much, who tells me I ought to smile more...who gambles and gets in deep with the sharks." It seems even the guests were interested in this story and whilst they shivered in fear, they still had curiosity in their eyes.
"One day they carve her face. And we have no money for surgeries. She can't take it. I just wanna see her smile again. I just want her to know that I don't care about the scars." He once again forcefully grabs Rachel's face.
"So...I stick a razor in my mouth and do this...to myself." He lifted his face up to let Rachel look at the scars.
"And you know what? She can't stand the sight of me. She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling." He gestures with his arm raised only for Rachel to then knee him in the balls. Wanda mentally cheered for her friend, but the man only laughs, seemingly recovering quickly from what usually is a very painful experience for a man.
"You got a little fight in you. I like that. " He walks with the knife wagging in front of him towards Rachel. This was when Wanda was finally going to make a move until someone new appeared.

"Then you're gonna love me." A man dressed in black punched the clown away from Rachel, only to then beat the rest of thugs without so much as a stray bullet going off. However, the clown got back to his feet and used one of his minions who were watching the guests as a distraction to get the man in black vulnerable and proceeded to stab him with a hidden knife in his shoe.

As this fight was taking place, Wanda made her way to Rachel. She had to ensure her safety especially after this man was risking his life to save hers and everyone else's here tonight. Rachel jumped when she felt a hand grab her wrist only to see it was her friend, Natalie. Wanda pulled her into the crowd gently after noticing her reaction.
"Are you okay?" She whispered to Rachel.
"Yeah, thanks." She gave Wanda a disheartened smile before looking back to the man in black.
"Do you know who they are?" Wanda asked.
"Oh yes, um. The guy dressed as a bat is well...Batman and the clown goes by Joker." Rachel informed Wanda, who replied with a brief nod.
As the pair backed up further in the crowd, the fight ended with the Joker grabbing a random guest and holding his gun to their temple and backing up to the windows.

"Drop the gun." Batman commanded.
"Oh, sure. You just take off your little mask and show us all who you really are." The Joker then shot the window behind him and dangled the victim from the open window.
"Let her go."
"Very poor choice of words." The Joker then let the person go with a cynical laugh and watched as the Batman ran to the guest to try and save them. As a result of his preoccupation, the Joker and his thugs make their way out of the penthouse.

Wanda laughed hysterically to herself at the familiarity of the situation. She knew she wouldn't be able to stay out of this battle for long, especially now that Rachel was directly involved.

 She knew she wouldn't be able to stay out of this battle for long, especially now that Rachel was directly involved

Thanks for reading