A Choice Was Meant To Be Made

Wanda had arrived at GCPD determined to question the detective who sent Harvey away. She was definitely hiding something and Wanda was going to find out.

When she walked into the building, she was met with chaos. Due to the arrest of the Joker, the whole department was buzzing. Officers were running around, taking phone calls, filing documents, tending to the other inmates who were getting rowdy. All whilst the Clown Prince of Crime was seated in his cell, his hands linked together as his face held a serene expression. He wasn't scared or angry that he was caught, which Wanda found strange considering most criminals would be. Although he wasn't most criminals.

Since no one came to attend to Wanda, she decided why not try and talk to the Joker. He was right there and nobody had noticed her. So, her feet started to guide her towards his cell, but then unfortunately, Gordon had arrived and ordered for the Joker to be taken away for questioning. Whilst this upset Wanda, she did catch a glimpse of the female detective from TV, so she followed her until she was blocked by a steel door and police officers, who had finally noticed Wanda, telling her to stop.
"I'm sorry, but I need to talk to..." Wanda still didn't know the woman's name, so she quickly entered the guard's mind and learnt that her name was Anna Ramirez. This invasion of privacy left the guard dazed.
"Detective Ramirez." Wanda gave the officer a warm smile.
"Um, well she's busy right now so if you could perhaps come another time." Their words came out slurred.
"This is an emergency. Tell her...I'm from the hospital." Wanda knew hospitals always worked as a guise.
"Which one?"
"She'll know. Please, it's urgent." Wanda urged the guard, who sighed as he then opened the door and made his way through to the detective.

"Detective Ramirez?" Everyone in the room that was observing Gordon and the Joker, turned towards the guard.
"Someone from a hospital is here to see you." This caused the woman to have worry lines on her face as she frantically followed the guard out of the room and face to face to Wanda, who then directed her to an empty corner.

"Hello Detective Ramirez." Wanda said dryly.
"Who are you? You're not the usual doctor."
"You're right, I'm not. I took a lucky guess. I'm not from a hospital."
"Then why are you here?" Anna had started to sweat. Did someone know? It wasn't her fault, she couldn't do anything.
"I think you have an idea. Harvey. Where was he taken?" Wanda stepped forward.
"I...I...I don't know. Please, I don't know." Ramirez stuttered her answer out.
"Well then, if not Harvey, what about Rachel? Know where she is?" Wanda squinted her eyes at the woman.
"...." The Detective started to visibly sweat.
"ANSWER ME!" Wanda shouted in a hushed voice so as to steer any of the officers from her and Ramirez.
"I had no choice...I didn't want to do it, but it was either them or my mother." The woman started to cry, but Wanda froze up.
"Where. Are. They?"
"I don't know. Really I don't. I was just told to make sure they got in the car with Wuertz. He would know where they are." Anna swallowed loudly.
"And where is he?"
"He hasn't come back. He might be staying there or went home....but...but the Joker would know."
"Okay Ramirez, thank you for the late honesty. But, just so you know, although I personally won't do anything to you since I will save Rachel, I will report you and your misdeeds to your commissioner and you will be removed from your post for your corruption." Wanda spoke calmly.
"PLEASE, DON'T! I-I NEED THIS JOB!" Anna called after Wanda, but to no avail as she continued walking.

Wanda approaches the steel door again, the guard asking why she is back, only for her to then manipulate his mind into not perceiving her as Wanda opens the door, walking through. This action leaves a bewildered guard scratching his head as he has no clue how the door opened on its own.

Wanda then goes into the room where the cops who are observing the Batman interrreogating the Joker are. Initially they all shout at her, telling her to leave or demanding who she is, however with just a wave of her glowing red hand, all of them freeze as she uses her telekinesis to keep them in place and her mental manipulation to prevent their brains from acknowledging her presence as she then makes her way into the questioning room with the Joker and Batman.