Doctor Strange

Wanda had woken up after hearing a ruckus. As she slowly got out of bed and left her room, she heard muffled noises coming from Rachel's bedroom. She knocked lightly on the oak door that to Wanda, seemed to separate the friends much more than it really did in that moment.
"Rachel? Is everything okay?" She called out gently. The noises stopped as the then door opened. The two women stood in silence for what felt like hours until Rachel pulled Wanda in for a hug.
"Harvey says I'm in danger. That I should go somewhere safe. So I'm packing up to move into Bruce's penthouse." She started to sob into the shorter woman's shoulder.
"I'm sorry, for all of this. You're probably in danger too since you live here as well. I can Bruce if he'll let you stay with us?" Rachel looked into Wanda's eyes with a questioning glint.
It would be easier for Wanda to watch over Rachel if she moved in with her, but then would Bruce be comfortable with an acquaintance living in his home?
"Well, I'll only come if Bruce is fine with it. I can manage on my own so it isn't a big deal if he says no." Wanda smiled back at the woman as she rubbed her back reassuringly.
"Okay, I'll go ask him. Thanks Natalie...for everything. I know I haven't been giving you the best experience of Gotham lately, even if the city isn't that great anyway."
"Hey, it's fine. Nothing's happened to me yet and whilst you've gotten into some scary situations yourself, you haven't been hurt and that's what matters. And you shouldn't be sorry, instead I should be thanking you for everything you've done for me. So thank you Rachel." Wanda hugged the woman again.

After an hour of talking, when Rachel vented to Wanda about everything that's happened so far, the woman finally went into her room to make the call to Bruce to which she then came out with the good news that he accepted Wanda over, who then went to pack up herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was morning now. The pair had spent their first night in Bruce's penthouse as they arrived late yesterday, sinxe the man hurried them to move in with him incase they were ambushed that very same day in their apartment.

Wanda was in the kitchen, conversing with Alfred Pennywise as Rachel was still sleeping. She had taken a few days off considering the potential target on her life, even though Harvey was still working.

"Thanks, Alfred." Wanda smiled at the man as he passed her a cup of coffee.
"Anything to make sure you're awake for your first day on the job ma'am." The elderly man smiled back. His British accent still threw her off since she wasn't used to it. It seemed out of place in the American city.
"Well technically it isn't my first day, but I got you. At least thanks to your delicious expresso, I won't be falling asleep anytime soon." Wanda bathed in the aroma of the drink as she then took a sip.
"You are too kind ma'am. My coffee truly isn't worth the praise." Alfred tried to humble himself, to which Wanda wasn't having as she then sent a flurry of compliments his way before checking the clock on the kitchen wall and standing up abruptly.
"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to cut my pure doting on you short. Time is calling me to work. Thanks again Alfred, hope you have a good day." Wanda went in to kiss the man on the cheek before grabbing her blazer and running off to work. Wanda wasn't directly connected to Rachel yet, so she could still work besides calling in sick on the first day wouldn't set the best impression.
"Bye ma'am!" Alfred waved her out the suite, smiling to himself as the young woman had grown on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Wanda entered the Asylum, she was greeted by the person who interviewed her.
"Hello, Miss Stark. As I'm sure you remember, I am Doctor Strange and I will be guiding you through your first day here. It will be a short one as we simply want to see how you fare when conversing with patients and treating them." Wanda nodded in response as the man continued to talk. She couldn't help but laugh in her head at how the man also had the surname of Strange like another doctor in her life.