✭»PART FIVE«✭

"Miss Perth,.I want you to meet Mr. Ma——Saam, the man behind Serendipity."

Vee didn't know what to feel now that he saw Mark after what happened two days ago. Two days ago. He gave Miss Perth's number when he asked for it. He thought that the two met already but when Miss Perth asked him to accompany her this morning, he unconsciously said yes.

And now he doesn't know what to do anymore. He couldn't take back his answer.

He doesn't know how to face the other guy after what happened when they last saw each other.  He doesn't even have the slightest idea what happened that day. And now, he's facing two people he doesn't think he can handle individually.

"Aren't you gonna sit?"

Mark's question made him come back to reality. He mentally cursed himself out of embarrassment after gawking at Mark.

He switched glances on the seat beside Mark, and the seat beside Miss Perth. Before Mark could open his mouth, Miss Perth already did.

"Dear, sit beside me," she offered, which Vee politely complied.

Of course you'll sit beside her, Vee. What were you thinking?

"T-thank you, Miss," he said politely as he sat beside her so gave him a very wide smile.

"My pleasure, Vee."

Vee didn't notice Mark's peculiar gaze after he sat beside Miss Perth. When Vee's gaze landed on his, Mark immediately avoided it and pretended to focus his attention on the girl in front of him.

"Before you ask me about the painting, let me ask first," Miss Perth signal him to continue. "Why do you want to buy it?"

That painting is close to Mark's heart that's why he's concern. It's the painting he painted after what happened almost three years ago. He didn't want it to fall in the hands of someone undeserving.

It's his right to make sure and know if this person can be trusted or not.

For his painting.

Just his painting.

Miss Perth smiled but Mark somehow find it irritating, "Well, I find it very captivating. It caught my attention the first time I saw it. It's as if it wants to be own by me."

Vee saw how Mark's face twitched a bit, indicating that he wasn't near impress with Miss Perth's answer.

"I just hope it's worth it for the money I'm gonna spend for buying it."

Mark's ears perked up. What?

Vee mentally face-palmed at the statement Miss Perth let go.

This is bad.

"That's why I asked Vee to help me, right?" she clung her arms on Vee's arms.

"U-uhh. . Y-yes, Miss," Vee replied awkwardly.

Mark's expression became more peculiar as he observe the two with scrutinizing eyes.

So close, huh?

"Why didn't you approached me, instead of sending Vee?" he asked, emphasizing certain words.

"Well, my assistant tried her best to contact you but you wouldn't cooperate," she tightened her hold on Vee and smiled flirtatiousy. "So when Vee came, I decided to use him to talk to you, hoping that maybe he can convince you. And thankfully, he did."

Use?

"That doesn't sound so good on my part," Vee whispered. Thankfully, Miss Perth failed to hear it.