⋆»PART EIGHT«⋆

"I-I want you back."

Mark breathe out a sigh of relief. He'd been holding back since the moment he saw Vee again, now, he finally gave up and took the risk.

Vee, on the other hand, was stoned on his place. With widened eyes he asked, "W-what?"

Mark stared at him confusedly.

What does he mean by that question?

"W-what made you think it's that easy?" Vee finally found his voice after a long silence.

Mark blinked a few times. He internally cursed after realizing what they other meant.

'Right. Of course it's not that simple, you dumbass!' he scolded himself.

"E-err. . ." he scratched his nape out of embarrassment.

Right.

Just because I finally found the courage to tell him that, doesn't mean he's gonna welcome me back on his life.

Why am I so stupid?

"Did you really think I'm that easy?"

"No. It's just that. . ."

"Why did say you want me back? Aren't you happy with your decision that's why you're trying to get me back?"

"No!" he said, quickly shaking his head. "It's not like that. . ."

"You want me back now? What about your dreams, huh? Am I not gonna be a distraction to you?"

"No! You were never a distraction!"

Vee scoffed, "Then why did you break up with me? You made it look like as if I'm only gonna be a burden that will distract you from achieving your dreams."

Mark tried to hold him but he refused and stepped back. He bit his lip before speaking, "I-it's not like that. It's just that. . .I feel like it's the best for us, for you."

"It's gonna be unfair for you if we continue being in a relationship while I'm focused on reaching my dreams," he added, almost a whisper.

"And you think breaking up with me on my birthday just because you think it's for the best isn't unfair?"

"...."

"Plus, you know me. I never demanded for your time. I'm fine, as long as you love me the same way. Time's not a problem with me, you know that."

Mark avoided his gaze and looked down as he couldn't afford to see Vee's pained expression right now.

"I. ." Vee blew out a breath to control his emotions. "I don't wanna let you go that time. B-but I want you to be happy. I want you to achieve your dreams. I want you to be happy even. . . w-without me,"  his voice cracked, tears forming on his eyes. "I a-agreed to break it off not because I agree with you but because I can't do anything about it anymore. You already made a decision that time. And I k-know. . I wasn't part of it."

Vee swallowed a sob on his throat.

"T-then. . .please give me a chance." Mark pleaded as he slowly raised his head. He knew he sounded so shameless and selfish but he doesn't care. He just wanna be with this guy again.

"A c-chance to what? To b-break my heart?" his chest tightened at the thought.

Mark gently shake his head as he held back his tears, "T-to prove myself worthy of you, of your love."

"P-please give me a chance. I'll try to be the b-best boyfriend for you. I-I promise not to disappoint you."

Here we go again with promises.