chapter three

"And you are sure Eddie didn't kill her?" Olivia asked Max and Dustin who are sitting on her couch eating brownies that she just baked.

"Olivia I know Eddie and he isn't capable to do something like this." Dustin spoke with his mouth full with brownies.

Olivia sighed. "Okay, get your stuff we are going to the Family Video."

"Can we take brownies? They are so good." Max asked holding a plate in her hand.

"Of course you can." Olivia smiled at Max.

After Billy's death Olivia started looking at Max as her younger sister. She knew her mother developed a drinking problem so she wanted to help as much as she can.

She would cook for her, drive her to and from school, buy her stuff, even clean her trailer when her mom was at work.

Olivia looked through her bag for her car keys.

"Got it." She whispered and held up the keys.

"Let's go." Dustin ordered before he took Olivia's car keys and stormed out of the house.

Max and Olivia following right after him.

The ride to the Family Video was fast since Dustin kept yelling at Olivia to hurry up.

"Hey, Steve." Dustin said as soon as he opened the door.

"Are you seeing this?" Steve asked pointing at tv.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin questioned Steve.

"Someone was murdered." Steve ignored him.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin asked again, this time louder.

"Two, why?"

"Technically three, if you count Keith's in the back." Robin added.

"Three works." Max nodded at Dustin.

He began taking off his backpack and then throwing it over the paydesk.

"What are you doing?" Steve asked concerned.

Dustin then jumps over the table.

"Woah, my tapes, dude!"

"My pile!" Robin screamed.

Robin started picking things up while Steve kept yelling at Dustin.

"What are you doing, man?"

"Setting up base of operations here." Dustin answered while typing something in the computer.

"Base of operations?" Steve asked "Stop, get off."

"No, I need it." Dustin argued back.

"Need it for what?"

"To look up Eddie's friends phone numbers."

"Oh, Eddie, your new best friend you think is cooler because he plays your nerdy game?" Steve asked jealous.

"Yes." Dustin then looked at Steve. "I never said that."