chapter five

"Max!" Olivia continued yelling.

"What's going on?" Dustin asked panicking.

"I don't know!" Olivia yelled.

"How long has she been like this?" Nancy asked but everyone ignored her.

"Max!" Olivia screamed and Max gasped.

Her eyes became blue again and she started moving.

"Liv?" Max gasped looking at Olivia.

"I'm here." She hugged the younger girl.

"I-I saw something." Max whispered.

"What did you see?" Steve asked.

"A clock."

At that Steve and Dustin looked at Olivia, who is looking at Max with wide eyes, meanwhile Robin and Nancy looked at the four confused.

"I guess you're not delusional after all." Dustin whispered to Olivia, receiving a glare from her.

"Show us where." Steve spoke and soon Max was leading them through the hallway until they reached the end of it.

"It was here." She flashed her flashlight at the wall. "Right here."

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked.

"It was so real." Max nodded her head. "And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just...  I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin said.

"That's not even the bad part." Max turned to the group and started walking towards Ms Kelly's office.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms Kelly for help. They had headaches. Really bad headaces that just wouldn't go away. Then they had nightmares." Her voice shaked. "Trouble sleeping. And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their past. These visions they just..." She paused. " They became worse and worse until eventually everything ended."

"Vecna's curse." Spoke Robin.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's six days ago. I've been having them for five days."

"I've been having them for six days and I'm still here." Olivia crossed her arms.

"Olivia I just saw the goddamn clock!" Max's eyes slowly started filling with tears. "I'm gonna die tomorrow."

"You're not dying." Olivia shook her head and walked over to Max, putting her hands on Max's cheeks. "As long as I'm here I'll protect you." She whispered.

A few tears fell down Max's cheeks and Olivia wiped them off.

Then there was a clang from the hallway and everyone turned to the sound.

"Stay here." Steve took a lamp and started walking towards the sound.

The rest of course followed. You could hear someone running and the sound was getting louder and louder.