Chapter Thirteen

Zayn

The sound of gathered whispers caused me to stir in my sleep - I could feel a drenching sweat patch on the front of my shirt due to the heat emitting in the area.

I slowly started to piece together the events of earlier, and I quickly realized I was holding onto Justin, my right arm hooked over his side; with Justin clinging my wrist against his chest, his grip tight despite the snores indicating he was in deep sleep.

I could feel the top of his head against my chin, with his hair poking into my nose, tickling it lightly as I breathed in and out.

"Uh... do we wake them?" A voice asked in a loud whisper.

"I don't think that's a good idea... I mean, Justin isn't exactly going to have a normal reaction to us all seeing this..." another voice replied.

I gently moved my head back, lifting it up as I tried to find out who the hell was even in here.

Liam, Luke and Harry were standing at the foot of the bed, their eyes locked on Justin mostly before the noticed me looking at them.

"Oh. Oops. Sorry, we didn't realize we were interrupting?" Harry tried to smile innocently, clearing his throat.

"You weren't... uh... did anyone else see us?" I asked, worried Justin was going to be upset when he finds out we fell asleep - although, I could possibly blame him, since he had some sort of death grip on my wrist.

"Only Louis.... and Callum... and the coach." Harry chuckled softly.

I widened my eyes, whisper-yelling, "The coach? What? Why was he-"

"Calm down. He just came to see why you guys didnt come down for breakfast... we had some sort of meeting... but he decided to let you guys rest since there's some weather warnings for today anyway." Liam waved his hand dismissively, before he frowned, "We heard Jason was here.... uh, Justin's cousin. So we kind of need to keep Justin away from that team." He scratched the back of his neck.

"His cousin? Uh. Shit. I want to talk about this, but maybe we can meet out there? I kinda don't wanna wake him." I whispered softly, hoping my tone didn't go too loud.

"Justin's not going to wake up unless we shake him violently. He's a heavy sleeper, remember?" Liam assured me, raising his voice a bit to prove his point.

Justin didn't move an inch, and I was hesitant before I began pulling myself out further away, struggling slightly to free my hand from his grip. He let go unconsciously, rolling more onto his stomach as his snores returned to a normal pace.

I looked down at my shirt, cringing slightly at the dampness. Must have been a warm night. I was drenched in sweat.

"So, I've never seen him so intimate with someone... at least not outside the bus." Harry hummed, raising a brow curiously at me.

I shrugged, "Maybe I got a little carried away when I saw..." I stopped myself, feeling anger grow when I remembered the bruise on his neck.

"Saw what?" Liam asked, glancing at Luke and Harry in confusion.

"Wait... you said his cousin was here? Are they known to be physical?" I stood up from the bed, looking back over at Justin to make sure he was still asleep. He was.