Chapter Four

I had no idea what Zayn's issue was; I mean, unlike him, I actually have a reason to hate him.

He was out to steal my position in the team.

As the team and I set up in the locker room at some soccer club, I could hear the chatter and laughter between my friends and this new member.

I gritted my teeth as they all got along. It wasn't right. I should be focused on right now, not this stupid Zayn boy.

He's probably a shit player too. Hope he trips and falls on his gorgeous face so his sharp jawline breaks -

"I'm originally from Bradford, but my parents move a lot. I use football as a distraction, and it turns out I'm actually really good." Zayn smiled at the boys, Liam nodding in interest while some of the boys pat Zayn on the back and welcome him kindly.

"Im originally from Bradford." I mock quietly, grabbing my drink bottle and shaking the protein drink inside of it around.

"What a shit attitude you have." Luke bumps my shoulder as I place the drink to my lips.

I blush slightly but huff, "I dont like him."

"You don't have to like him, but it's sad how obvious you make it. Stop making him feel unwelcome. The boys like him." Luke scolded me, grabbing my drink bottle and taking a sip before cringing, "Didn't coach tell us not to drink this?"

"Its a protein shake." I argued, snatching the bottle back.

I glared, sipping at it.

"The same protein shake that caused Ashton, Liam and Calum to be absolutely sick." He pointed out, taking it back and keeping it from me.

I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Boys, gather round. It's almost time for the game." Coach Hugh called out from the other side of the room.

-

"Pick it up Josh!"

Hugh was shouting from the sides, directing Josh to get in the game more - all the while, I kept my eyes locked on an opposing player, guiding Ashton, who had the ball, towards the goal.

We only had one minute left in the match and our team was at a draw with the opposing team. We needed this win.

"Justin, defend him!" Hugh spat out, agitated as the other team took control over the ball.

I quickly turned a sharp left, directing my aim at the person who stole the ball from Ashton.

The guy was massive, bigger than me by a long shot - but I was eager to get the ball back so we could score.

"Pull back!" Ashton yelled at me.

"I've got it!" I snapped at him, speeding up towards the guy, and preparing myself to kick the ball out from under him.

"Don't do it! Back off!" Luke snapped from beside me, running in the same direction.

They had no faith in me, I swear.

I ignored their loud and bossy tones, diving feet first in front of the big guy - maybe underestimating my distance by a lot.

I felt a hard slam at the back of my head, and someone falling on top of my smaller body. My ribs and knees in just the same amount of pain.

My eyes squeezed shut instantly as a throbbing pain overtook me, and the whistle of the referee blew.

The big dude was on top of me, scrambling himself to get off.

I was curled up in pain beneath him, my eyes slowly opening as I grunted out.

"Jesus Christ, move." Hugh's voice snapped as he arrived by my side, "Justin, are you alright mate?" He asked, feeling my pulse to make sure my heart rate was at a healthy speed.

"M fine." I lied, going to sit up, but feeling too nauseous and dizzy.

"Shit, boys, call for a medic. Justin, stay still." Hugh ordered, allowing me to lean against him.

"Is he okay?" Calum asked, kneeling on the other side of me.

"Might be a concussion. He got kneed in the head and then squished." Hugh snorted.

"Hey, he came out of nowhere. Don't blame me." The large boy snapped, "Should keep his shit together while we're playing. This ain't a kids match."

It was then I realised countless people were surrounding me, to watch in amusement at my epic fail of a play.

In my defence, I thought I had it.

The medic soon arrived, making a quick examination before he nodded, "He's got a concussion, someone needs to take him off the field and keep him awake."

"Zayn, take Justin to the bench and give him some water." Hugh ordered, helping me stand.

I groaned, "Ugh, I'm fine Coach." I tried to assure him, my legs wobbling as I attempted to stand straight.

I failed at that, sadly, instead ending up falling in Zayn's arms as he walked over to us, much to my embarrassment.

"Looks like someone needs to listen to the team more." Zayn noted with a grin.

"Shut the fuck up." I snapped at him, feeling myself be dragged off the field while the team sorted out what would happen after my not so smart idea.

"Don't be so cocky." Zayn scoffed, dropping me on the bench while I leant forward, head between my knees.

"Here, drink this." Niall popped over, grinning as he handed me a bottled water.

I took it and struggled to open it, my hands shaking from the aftermath.

Zayn snatched the drink from me, easily opening it before handing it back. I sipped at it slowly.

"What? No thank you?" he hummed, pulling out his phone while Niall sat on the opposite side of him, leaving Zayn in the middle.

I shrugged, gulping it down.

"Have you seen this? I haven't even played yet and I already have a bunch of new Twitter followers. I gained a good 20 today." Zayn chuckled, showing Niall something.

"Oh damn, she DM'd you that?" Niall's eyes widened and he grinned.

"Its the fifth one." Zayn smugly said.

"What?" I furrowed my brows, not happy I was left out of the conversation... Despite hating Zayn.

"No don't-" Niall began as Zayn turned his phone and showed me.

I paled at the sight of bare breasts, my stomach turning instantly, and before I knew it, I was throwing up all over Zayn.

How embarrassing.