𝐢. the vanishing of will byers

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter one: the vanishing of will byers

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WILL IS MISSING?" Montana's question instantly has silence falling over the dining room table that morning

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WILL IS MISSING?" Montana's question instantly has silence falling over the dining room table that morning. Marissa is shoveling scrambled eggs into her mouth. Achilles sat across from Montana, eating his breakfast silently as he listened to the conversation. As for the kids' mother, Bonnie was at work.

And Seven? Well, she was seated on the floor in front of the sink, eating a bowl of maple and brown sugar Quaker Oats.

Marissa swallows a mouthful a eggs, glancing up at Montana, who is still waiting on an answer. The younger girl sighs, setting her fork down. "I already told you, Monty. We were leaving Mike's house. Will went with Dustin, but I don't know what happened from then to this morning. I don't know why Will's missing, but he is. And I'm worried."

"Aww," Achilles says, snickering, "Mar misses her boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend!" the girl shoots back, crossing her arms as she glares at her brother. "And it's not funny either. He's missing!"

Achilles just rolls his eyes.

"Hey, finish up, kiddos!" Lyle peeks into the kitchen, smacking the door frame with his hands. "I still gotta take you four to school since Bonnie's at work."

"Mar can just bike there as long as she goes with Mike and Lucas when they plan to leave. I can drive myself, Monty, and Ven."

"Achilles, will you stop being a bitch?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," he puts his hands up in surrender as he stands up. "I'm ruining breakfast, aren't I? And we're going to be late because these two dipshits are talking about some loser that got kidnapped—"

"Don't put words in people's mouths, Les," Montana snaps. "Will is missing, got it? You can't make assumptions about something like that. This is serious."

Achilles just scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

"Wanna be that way, tough guy? Fine. I'm taking you to school. Monty can drive herself and Ven there," Lyle informs, eyes narrowed as he stares at Achilles. The boy has his a scowl on his face as he glares at his uncle. "You being high this early in the morning when you're about to go to school is not a good mix."

Just then, the phone rings.

Montana gets up from her chair and heads over to the landline, picking up the phone. She puts it to her ear, "Hello?"

"Hi, Monty. Is your mother home?"

It was Joyce Byers.

"No, sorry. She had to leave early for work. But Uncle Lyle is here. Is everything okay?"

"It's just, uh, Will didn't come home last night, and I'm starting to get worried. Did you see him at all last night?"

"I didn't. I'm sorry, Ms. Byers. Marissa told us that when she and the boys were leaving the Wheelers' after the DnD campaign, Will went with Dustin. Maybe you could call Ms. Henderson? If he went home with Dustin, then he might have just stayed the night there? I do wish I could be of more help, Ms. Byers."