𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the upside down, part three

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter thirteen: the upside down, part three

THE DEMOGORGON'S SCREECHES COULD BE HEARD FROM THE HALLWAY, STARTLING THE KIDS

THE DEMOGORGON'S SCREECHES COULD BE HEARD FROM THE HALLWAY, STARTLING THE KIDS. Gunfire continued ringing out, loudly, as each of the men out there fired their rifles. The kids stare at the door, slowly backing up. Now all they could hear was the guns themselves. There was no sign of the Demogorgon, save for the constant flickering of the lights.

Eventually, the gunfire stops. The only thing they could hear was their heavy breathing.

"Is it... Is it... Is it dead?" Dustin stutters, looking nervous.

The door falls down with a crash, the Demogorgon standing on top of it as it looks in the kids' direction. They scramble to their feet, Dustin shouting at Lucas to get the wrist rocket. They open up the bag and Lucas grabs the necessary items, before pulling back on the yellow band, firing a rock at the Demogorgon. It smacks the creature before landing on the floor. But it hadn't really done anything.

"This is so fucking stupid!" Marissa says through girtted teeth, watccing Lucas shoot more rocks. "It's not working!"

"Hold on!" Lucas yells, loading up another rock just as the Demogorgon opens it's mouth. He fires it and the Demogorgon skids across the floor, smacking into the chalkboard.

They stop and stand there, taking a moment to catch their breaths. From behind them, Eleven climbs down from the table and pushes past them, Seven following her. There's blood leaking from their ears and left nostrils as they walk over to the chalkboard.

"Stop!" Mike shouts, hurrying after them. Eleven puts her hand out, throwing the boy into the back counter.

The two girls continue walking over to the chalkboard where the Demogorgon was. The creature was pinned to the wall, not being able to move as it squealed in pain. Eleven turns her head, looking at Mike sadly,

"Goodbye, Mike," she says before turning back to the Demogorgon.

Both girls put their hands out and the Demogorgon screeches loudly. The other four kids cover their ears. The Demogorgon moves its hands, trying to claw at the girls, to get them to go away, but it can't. It just simply can't.

The girls start screaming at it, their hands still outstretched, their screams mingling with the Demogorgon's screeches.

Slowly, the Demogorgon starts to dissipate, and the particles surround the two girls. And in the blink of an eye, they're gone.

The lights stop flickering and the power comes back on fully. The kids remove their hands from their ears and look up at the wall. Black particles are stuck to the wall, chalkboard, and floor like ash and soot.

The four of them cross the room and look around, before calling Seven and Eleven's names. As if they were going to come back all of a sudden.

But they weren't.