𝟎𝟏𝟑 Guardian: Part One

Chapter Seven: The Bathtub

chapter thirteen , Guardian: Part One

a/n : I love this gif sm 🫶

━━━━━━━━━━

Gus folds her arms and stares at the man with an arched brow.

"Just let me go with you!" She groans.

Nancy, Jonathan, and Joyce shift their gaze between Hopper and Gus.

"No! It's not up for discussion!" Hopper snaps.

"And why not?!" She shouts at him.

"Because it's dangerous! I didn't think I would have to tell you that." Hopper pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Hop, I can help--"

"We've had this conversation in the past, and I'm still telling you. No!" He barks.

Gus runs a tongue over her teeth. "You need me."

Hopper sighs, "What?"

"You need me. They won't trust you, you need a more...calm presence with you." Gus says, her hands now on her hips.

Hopper raises his brows, "You calm? That's funny..."

Gus' nostrils flare. Before she can say something snarky, she stops and inhales a soft breath. "I am...calm." a forced smile forms on her lips. "You are the one who is not."

Hopper deadpans, "Convincing, Gus..."

Gus squints her eyes.

Hopper looks at Joyce, wanting backup. Joyce slightly opens her mouth, "If I were a kid, I would rather trust the teenager who watches me for 10 hours on end than a scary cop."

Gus smiles triumphantly. Hopper growls, he turns around and walks out of the house, signaling Gus to follow. The brunette's smile widens. She looks at Joyce and grabs her hands.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Gus shakes Joyce's hands up and down.

Joyce smiles softly and the woman realized for the first time since she lost Will, she was smiling. "Go on, sweetheart."

Gus nods her head and hurries after Hopper.

After driving for a while. Hopper gets out of the car as he sees men surrounding a bus with guns. Gus attempts to get out, but Hopper points a finger at her.

"Stay."

Gus opens her mouth to object, but she stops herself from saying anything. She knew they were short on time and they didn't have time to argue anymore. So, she sinks in her seat and closes her mouth.