𝟎𝟏𝟗 Training is now in session

chapter nineteen , Training is now in session

━━━━━━━━━━

"You're kicking me out?!"

Simultaneously, all the kids sputter and look at each other. "What?!--No--No!" Dustin lets out a nervous chuckle. "We're just...putting the party under some new management."

"Yeah, yeah! Like, we don't want you as Dungeon Master anymore..." Mike hesitantly says.

Gus' eyes blow wide, "Guys, what the fuck?!" she holds her hands up. "You are kicking me out!"

"August, they're not kicking you out!" Sofía reassures the brunette.

"We're," Dustin adds. "You're a part of the party."

Sofía nods her head, "Right. We're not kicking you out."

"I took you to the arcade a few days ago. Why didn't you tell me before?" Gus cranes her neck forward.

"Well, we were all talking--"

"Wait..." Gus closes her eyes and inhales a soft breath. "You guys had a meeting without me?"

"Meetings..." Lucas murmurs, but Gus quickly catches it.

"Great, plural!" Gus exhales a stress-filled chuckle.

Dustin nudges Lucas, "Dude!"

"I didn't think she heard me--"

"Oh, I heard you!" Gus stands up with her hands on her hips. "I think...I am hearing pretty clear what's going on right now..." she shakes her head. "I'm outta here." The brunette grabs her bag and places it over her shoulder. She walks over to the door of the basement.

"Gus, come on," Will calls out. "We want to explain. Please?"

Gus reluctantly stops and looks at the kids. She exhales a sharp breath, drops her bag, and sits back in front of the kids with her arms folded. "All right, I'm listening..."

"You've been pulling your hair again." Lucas states.

Gus shrugs her shoulders, "Okay...I don't understand."

"You usually do that when you're stressed," Mike says.

"Specifically stressed about school." Dustin states.