𝟎𝟏𝟔 Cause I Got High

chapter sixteen , Cause I got High

a/n : Gus & Steve get high this scene...just a heads up if the title wasn't enough

━━━━━━━━━━

"I really don't have time for this shit."

Fallon lowers her newspaper and looks at the pacing brunette. Her eyes shift back to the picture in the newspaper.

Gus opens her drawer and searches through it. "Okay, uh...what about this?"

Fallon once again lowers the newspaper and looks at the black and blue dress in Gus' hand. A small snort leaves her lips.

"Seriously?"

Gus' eyes widen, "It's not...cute?"

"Oh, it's cute." Fallon nods her head. "But, it's just not...you." she looks back at the newspaper.

Gus inhales, "Well, this would be easier if you put the newspaper down and helped me." She tosses the flannel back in the drawer. The brunette turns to Fallon with her hands on her hips.

"What are you doing over there anyway?"

Fallon shrugs and motions to the newspaper. "Reading."

Gus lets out a laugh. "The only thing I have ever seen you read are the nutritional facts on your food."

"Well, I have other interests now." Fallon looks back at the newspaper.

Gus raises her brows, "Okay, now this is getting weird, Fal." She holds her hand out toward her friend. "Give me the paper."

"Uh—no."

"Yes." Gus walks toward her.

"August, absolutely not." Fallon seethes.

The brunette raises her brows, "Oh, so it's August now?" She tilts her head. "This must be serious."

Fallon rolls her eyes, "Fine. Here." She holds the paper out to her.

Gus grabs the paper and looks at it. The brunette pulls her brows together. "The marching band?"

Fallon keeps her eyes on her fidgeting fingers. Gus presses her lips together, thinking. Her eyes look over the picture and inspect each person in it. Her eyes land on the girl pressing her lips into an awkward smile.

"Robin Buckley."

Fallon's heart skips a beat.

"Is that who you're looking at in this...grainy photo?" Gus arches a brow.

"No!" Fallon sputters.

Gus raises both her eyebrows and Fallon slumps her shoulders. "Yes."

"Oh, so I'm yesterday's news now..." Gus sets the newspaper aside. She sits next to Fallon.