𝟎𝟒𝟐 Big changes ahead

chapter forty-two , Big changes ahead

a/n : you'll see EVERY couple this chapter!!!

━━━━━━━━━━

"On the count of three?"

The boy inhales a deep breath and nods. "Yeah, okay." He then opens his mouth. "Like after we finish saying three or exactly when we say three?"

Sofía purses her lips and tilts her head. "When we say three."

Dustin nods his head. "Okay, are you ready?"

"Yeah. You?"

Dustin gently takes Sofía's hands. He vigorously nods his head which causes Sofía to knit her brows together. "Are you...sure...?"

Dustin's face was a deep red and Sofía noticed that his hands were getting sweaty.

"I just...I think I need some water."

Sofía hands him the cup of water on the shelf and hands it to him. Dustin chugs the water and Sofía raises her brows from how fast he was drinking it. She scratches the side of her face and clears her throat awkwardly.

It's been almost three months since the Snowball dance. Sofía and Dustin wanted to kiss that night. But they also didn't want their friends and schoolmates staring at them when they did. So, they both decided to wait until the time was right. But the two continued to come up with different excuses, putting off the kiss. Hence, why it is now 3 months later...

But now there were no more excuses.

The two have just been hanging out like they would normally hang out. Arcade, DND, the library. But they both knew it felt different. Ever since they told each other how they really felt. It was different. Whenever their fingers would brush or they would both steal a glance from one another.

Dustin finishes drinking the water and he looks at Sofia, who is smiling softly. They were both sitting on Dustin's bed. She lightly taps her fingers against her knees. "If you don't want to do this. We don't have to, I'm fine with us just hanging out like we usually—"

"No, no! I want to. I do." Dustin waves his hands. "I just...want this to be perfect."

Sofia's eyes soften, "Dustin..." She moves some of his curly hair out of his face, which causes his heart to jump into his throat. "...you're so sweet."

Dustin giggles and he takes Sofía's hands once again. She inhales a small breath. "On the count of three?"

Dustin inhales a deep breath, "On the count of three."