~Chapter 1~

(Sarada's POV)

Ugh, my head. "Hello!" I yelled out. "Mama! MAMA!"

I started running around the woods looking for my mama. I tripped on a rock and scraped my leg. "Mama."

I curled up into a ball, beside a tree, and sobbed. I just want my mama...

(Sasuke's POV)

Juugo, Suigetsu, and I were scouting out the area, looking for Orochimaru's next hideout, while Karin was heading to the next town to grab some supplies.

"Finally, some time with just us guys!" Suigetsu basically shouted.

"Hn." I truly didn't care. All I needed was to find Itachi, and kill him.

"Where is Juugo." I demanded. "He said he had to go take a leak. He should be about 30 feet behind us. Why?"

"I need him to ask the birds to check ahead. Since we don't have Karin, it will be harder to search for chakra signatures. I need you to go find him and tell him what I told you."

Suigetsu nodded and headed the other direction.

I stopped and waited for Suigetsu and Juugo. "Mama..." I heard someone else's voice.

I reached back to hold the tip of my katana, in case it was a trap.

I hid my chakra and peaked around the side of the tree I was hiding behind.

There was a little girl and she was... crying?

I pulled out a kunai, ready to attack when Suigetsu and Juugo appeared behind me.

"Who's the girl?" Suigetsu asked. "I don't know. She could be a trap." I replied.

"Juugo, do your creatures see anyone else in the area?" Suigetsu asked. Juugo whistled and a bird came gliding down to his finger. He shook his head.

"Let me take care of this." I started to walk when Juugo grabbed my arm and stopped me from going any further.

"Are you going to... you know," He made a slicing motion to his neck.

"No, she could be useful." He let go and I continued walking over to the girl. "Who are you?" I asked, rather sternly. She looked up at me and smiled.

Why is she smiling? This is weird...

"Papa?" She stood up and hugged my leg. "Papa?" I questioned.

"Papa?!" I heard the other two yell. I gently pushed her back and asked again, "Who are you."

This time I was demanding an answer. "Papa doesn't remember Sarada?" She looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"I will ask one more time. Who are you." She jumped back in fear and ran off.

Suigetsu and Juugo rushed over to me to see what happened. "Should I go after her?"

Juugo questioned. "Yes, she could be reporting back to someone. If she is, we must follow her." I said.

We took to the trees and followed her from above. She looked to be around 3 or 4.

We followed her a good three hundred feet before she stopped running.

"Dang! She got some gas in her. How did she run this far?!" Suigetsu said.

"I don't know, but we have to keep an ey-'' Before I could finish, we heard her starting to say something.

"Papa said an Uchiha is strong. He said we don't give up. I won't cry!" She wiped off her tears and took a minute to breathe.

"Can I try something Sasuke?" Juugo asked. "Hn." I nodded my head and Juugo jumped down from the tree, landing right behind her.

"Hi there." Juugo said in a very friendly tone. "Juugo is such a people pleaser." Suigetsu rolled his eyes.

"Uncle Juugo!" She yelled and hugged him. "Hi... little one." He was uncertain on what to call her.

"Let's play a game." He said and she nodded. "You have to say your full name and the name of your parents.

"When you do, I will bring a baby bird for you to hold." Her face lit up and she was nodding uncontrollably.

It was kinda cute... but why? I've never cared for any kids before. I had to shake this off.

"You start!" Juugo told her. "Okay! My name is Sarada Uchiha! My mama's name is Sakura Uchiha and my papa's name is..." She paused tapped on her knees for a drumroll.

Aw, that's kind of cute... What am I thinking??  This is absurd...

"Sasuke Uchiha! Can I have the birdie now?" An Uchiha... child?!

I never had a daughter. If she is mine, I need to protect her. I also need to know how and why. So, how do I do that? 

____________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading!

I hope you enjoy, please don't be a quiet reader!

764 word count. <3

I give credit to the artist of the picture I used. You are amazing!