𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓼𝓯𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓐𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓪𝓭 (𝓒𝓱𝓹𝓽. 3)

Kashima's POV:

"Why is this school so fricking huge?" I groaned as I walked down the hall.

I was headed for the main building my mom told me about before sending me to this place. She told me it was in the middle of the school and all I had to do was walk straight. That would have been the plan if I didn't get distracted by the school's scenery. So perfect for pictures.

All of the green and buildings mixed together well. Usually, when you see a setting like this, it draws a thick line between mother nature and humanity, leaving it looking the least bit of aesthetic. But then there are cheats to this. For example a cottage in the woods. That's the perfect aesthetic combination of wildlife and society.

But this school was all fancy well kept buildings and greenery. How did it fit so well?

I stopped inside the school on the main walkway to the main building. I was distracted by everything and just looked around for a bit. I stopped when I noticed a girl guiding a boy around the school.

She just would not keep still. As short as she was it was hard to believe she was able to move and reach the heights she could. I kind of felt bad for the guy she was with. She just jumping around all chipper at 8 in the morning. No one does that.

As any sane person would do, I followed them all around the school. Thanks to that I learned everything I needed to about the school without having to lift a finger.

The club and activity areas took up most of the school. It was pretty amazing. I can't wait to capture all of these moments. Especially with her in them. She would be perfect to use as a muse. I would just have to ask her.

The girl stopped halfway to the main building and I thought I saw her glance back at me.

"Did she finally notice me? Play it cool." I thought.

I quickly leaned against the railing of the walkway and pretended I was reading the student handbook. I didn't have a good balance so I just fell back.

I chuckled to myself before quickly getting up and getting into the same pose. When I looked back at the girl she was pointing to the main building and then her thumb pointing back to me.

"I'm up." I thought.

I walked up to the girl as the boy was walking away. I was right behind her when she turned around and headbutted me right in the chest.

"What?" she mumbled.

I reflexively put my arms around her. She put her hands on my chest to push me away. I looked down to see her face covered in embarrassment.

"I'm Yuu Kashima. You can call me Kashima." I bowed slightly.

She looked at me and warmed up very quickly. Her face went from flush to excitement. Her voice sang as she introduced herself. "Jessica Balto at your service. Do you need help with anything?"

I shook my head.

"I kind of got all of the information I need," I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.

My awkwardness sheltered her innocence. I mean I wasn't going to sit here and tell a stranger I followed her around because I thought she was pretty. That's just wrong and stalkerish and wrong. She broke through my current rewind of regrets with her childish smile.

"Your accent is so cute! And your name doesn't sound American. Are you from abroad?"

I nodded my head.

"Aww come on. No need to be shy about it. Have you registered yet? Come on, I'll help you."

She grabbed my hand and walked me all the way to the registration office.

Awkwardness filled the room. Jessica was oblivious to it as she sat between me and the boy from earlier. He was just glaring at me. Jessica sighed and called out, "Mr. J! I hope you're not slacking! We have two freshmen waiting to register!"

I thought she didn't notice.

The boy gave me a death stare and mouthed to me, "Stay away from my goddess."

Chills went up my spine. Up and down until Jessica came to sit back down. She looked at the boy and then at me. "So both of you already know what clubs there are right? Can I see that?"

She pointed to the student handbook that I was holding and began to ramble as she showed us all of the different clubs and rules.

"As you know, joining a club is required at Jester. This is a list of our physical activity clubs and extracurriculars. On this side are calmer activities if you're into it. Oh, and the school is always welcome to new ideas so if you have any make sure to post them on the school board and get at least five members and 3 different activities before asking for a space."

The other boy's eyes lit up. I could just imagine how this boy was about to set up a fan club for 'The Goddess, Jessica.'

"Good morning Jessica. Sorry to keep you and the freshmen waiting."