Chapter 1: The Pokemon Kaiser

Wyndon Stadium erupted into applause that reached the surrounding streets.

"The battle is over! Your winner of the World Coronation Series, Ash Ketchum, Alolan Champion!"

Leon smiled sincerely at his knocked-out Charizard, who lay beside him.

"Charizard, you've done more than I could've asked, thank you." The two embraced before their roaring fans. However, far more audience members cried out in overwhelming applause for the trainer who'd defeated him.

Across the battlefield, Ash remained still for a moment, not speaking or giving the crowd any visible reaction.

"We did it, we actually did it, Pikachu!!!" Ash cried with tears in his eyes.

"Pika!" Still bruised and burned from his battle, Pikachu raced over and leaped into Ash's arms. Around him stood a Sirfetch'd, Gengar, Dragonite, Lucario, and Dracovish, who all bore similar signs of battle as Pikachu.

Each cried out with similar enthusiasm and joined Ash in a warm embrace while their trainer's face appeared on the announcement board.

"Ash, good game." He looked up at Leon, who offered his hand while Charizard did the same for Pikachu. Ash and Pikachu immediately accepted Leon/Charizard's hands and shook them.

"One of the greatest I ever had." Ash said. Seeing this, Dragonite and the others eagerly did the same, shaking paws with Charizard. Both trainers and their Pokemon looked back up at the scoreboard, which showed a final ranking of Leon at Number 2 and Ash at Number 1.

Ash took a deep breath and took in the results. He'd done it. He and his team had won the World Coronation Series.

"Congratulations, Ash, you earned it."

"Thanks, but you and the others made us earn it. Now the real challenge begins, but we're ready for it, right guys!!!"

"Pika!!!" Pikachu cried out with the others.

Leon suppressed a feeling of disappointment, particularly when Nurse Joy approached with a familiar device in her hands.

"Congratulations, Ash, now let's heal up your pokemon." Ash nodded and returned his Pokemon before handing their pokeballs and Pikachu to Nurse Joy. However, as Nurse Joy activated the machine and administered a full-restore potion to Pikachu, she also handed three other Pokeballs over to Ash.

"The Pokemon you requested in case you won."

"Arigatōgozaimashita, Nurse Joy." Ash carefully held these Pokeballs and stared at them.

"Just give us a few minutes, and they'll be as good as new!"

Ash and the audience as a whole waited impatiently, with many crying out for Nurse Joy to hurry up. However, those who did found themselves quickly silenced by the furious voice of Brock, who virtually leaped out of his seat in Ash's cheering section to scold the impatient audience members for disturbing Nurse Joy.

"Brock, sit down." Misty sighed while dragging him back into his seat. Ash looked upon this section of the audience, flooded with familiar faces. All of his friends and traveling companions he'd made in the last six years since setting out from Pallet Town came to support him.

First and foremost were his mother and teacher, Professor Oak. But joining them sat Brock, Tracey, and Misty. In the next row sat Ash's friends from Alola, alongside Samson Oak, Professor Kukui, Professor Burnet, and their son Lei. Kiawe and Kukui looked particularly pleased that the first Alolan Champion had won the World Coronation Series.