Chapter 7: Ash's Choice

Ash's heart raced as a thousand emotions flooded through him so quickly that he couldn't even process them.

"Serena." Ash said again as Charizard set down and let her off.

Charizard and the others backed off at Pikachu and Greninja's behest, both knowing to give the two some space.

"Grauu." Charizard growled, not sure of what would happen next.

"Grauuu!!!!"

"Grauu?" Charizard looked over and saw Serena's Charizard staring at him with hearts in her eyes and clasped hands.

Charizard backed up with heavy sweatdrops, growling when he heard snickers from Sceptile, Lucario, and Infernape.

"Grauuu!!"

"Serena. You're here."

She nodded and took a deep breath before looking back at him with a confident smile.

"It's been too long since we last saw each other, so I decided to come looking for you."

Ash sweatdropped and placed a hand on the back of his head.

"I tried so hard to remain hidden."

"Well, I found you!" Serena giggled.

"Pika!!" Pikachu ran over and leaped into her arms.

"Pikachu!!" Serena eagerly hugged the electric mouse she'd grown so fond of but soon realized he wasn't alone.

"Gre." Greninja approached Serena and extended his fist to her.

"Greninja, it's nice to see you too." Serena said while bumping his fist back.

As Serena reunited with them, Ash similarly took the opportunity to catch up with Serena's Pokemon whom he'd known and those he hadn't.

"Delphox, Pancham, Sylveon, you're all looking great. Charmander, I see you've grown up."

"Grauu!!" Serena's Charizard still remembered Ash and tackled him to the ground before licking his face.

"Her name's Charline actually."

"Ahh, you gave her a nickname. These must be your new Pokemon." Ash approached Roserade and Absol, who both looked up at Ash with reverence, having seen him on TV with Serena many times.

"Sol."

"Rade!"

By then, Lucario, Infernape, and Sceptile came over to join Ash in greeting Serena's Pokemon.

"Tile." Sceptile said, shaking hands with Roserade.

"Ape."

Infernape greeted Pancham and Absol after Sylveon went to greet Pikachu.

"Grouu!" Lucario waved at Delphox with a friendly smile much like his trainer's, and the fire fox Pokemon turned slightly red in the face with a bashful expression.

When Charline finally let Ash up, Serena had come over beside her Charizard.

"Serena, my other Pokemon are inside. Would you like to meet them too?"

"I'd love too!" She beamed.

Once inside the apartment's enclosure, Serena's eyes lit up in awe when she saw just how many Pokemon Ash had.

"These are all your Pokemon!!" She cried while her Pokemon looked on in similar disbelief. All except for Charline, who kept her eyes solely on Ash's Charizard.

"Everyone, come meet Serena and her team!!"

"Pika! Pikachu!!"

"Hawl!"