02 | slip of the tongue

Osamu's POV | gym class

=====

He looks so fucking delicious...

Ever since we received our cravings for blood, we knew Shouyou was special. There were so many instances where we had almost bitten him but managed to hold back.

As we got older and the cravings got stronger and stronger, we were forced to separate ourselves from him. Of course, he'd be hurt. Of course, he'd be defiant.

What we did was selfish, but, as I'm watching him, all of that may have been for naught.

He's dripping in sweat, his bangs pinned back to make his running easier. Everyone on the track was too impressed by his speed and distance to bother to glance at his eyes. Shouyou knows that, for sure.

"Osamu-San, to the left!"

I snapped out of my trance and redirected my eyes to the soccer ball. It was far too late, though, because I kicked it wrong and it flew in the opposite direction of the goal.

Shouyou had just passed the starting line for the sixth time and was hunched over with his hands on his knees when the ball struck him right in the head.

"Oh, shit!"

Atsumu and I were the first to head over to his small body. A crowd was quickly forming. The coach came to check everything out.

"He needs to go to the nurse. Can anyone-"

"I'll take 'im, Coach."

Atsumu was the first to volunteer. I also raised a hand.

"Me too. I'll go with 'im."

It's our twin power, you could say. People think we do everything together, and it definitely comes in handy.

Atsumu slipped his hands beneath Shouyou's neck and knees and lifted him up with ease. As... vampires, you could say, we're blessed with strength, senses, and memory that are beyond human understanding.

Anyway, it's a good thing we're strong because, if my memory hasn't failed me, Shouyou loves cake. Running, too, and he's really good at it.

That's a deadly mix. He's carrying around some hella curves and ass. He's heavy to the average human.

"Seriously? The nurse isn't in? It's, like, the worst time, man..."

Shouyou's sweat dripped down Atsumu's arm as I pushed the door open. Something else, though... Something sweet is in the air.

It smells so good...

"God..." Atsumu must've caught a whiff. "What's that smell?"

Red. A drop of blood leaked from Shouyou's arm and onto the floor as Atsumu laid him down. We stared at it. That's all I could do as I inhaled the strong scent that revved up my appetite to a thousand. Not for human food, no. I'm hungry for... something else.