05 | bedroom floor

=====

=====

Atsumu's POV

We were on our way home, me and Osamu. Shouyou had to stay behind for detention, and, sadly, we could only hang around the school for so long before being shooed off.

So, as we waited for him to come home, we decided to burn off time by playing some backyard volleyball.

We had a quick agreement that Shouyou would come to our place to hang out for a while, so we held him up to that, but, as the two-hour mark hit and Shouyou still wasn't here, we made the decision to head down to his place.

The moon was already high in the sky, but the setting sun offered us a dimly lit pathway on the concrete.

I raised my hand to knock, and, when I did, it was but a moment later that the door was flung open.

"Osa-Chan, Atsu-Chan, hiya!"

It was Natsu, Shouyou's little sister. Osamu squatted down to her level and smiled.

"Is Shouyou here?"

A grin spread over her chubby face, and she pushed the door open wider.

"Yeah! He's talking with Mama upstairs! You can come in!"

"Thanks, little one."

I splayed my fingers into Natsu's fluffy hair and gave her some good head pats in exchange for permission to enter the home.

"Hey, Atsu! Come color with me! Pretty please?"

Natsu held my hand and tugged me toward the living room, but, before I went with her, I looked up at Osamu and nodded toward the steps. He nodded in understanding and made his way there.

"Alright, alright. What are ya colorin'?"

-----

Osamu's POV

"-Told you about this before. It's better to just ignore them."

"I couldn't help it, Mom! My body just moved on its own!"

"I understand that, but..."

It wasn't best to knock right now. Silence echoed in the room on the other side of the door. My ears tuned in more carefully to eavesdrop.

"Alright... I'll give you some time to cool your head. I have to put Natsu to bed. Get some sleep, okay, Hun?"

The soft hum of my crush made my heart jump.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't mean to get mad."

"I know you didn't. I love you."

"Love you..."

I stood on the other side of the hall and waited for the person creating the approaching footsteps to open the door. Ms. Hinata jolted in surprise.

"Oh, Osamu! It's wonderful to see you again! Are you here for Shouyou?"

The wall behind me acted as a stable place for me to push myself off of so I could greet her properly.

"Yes. We were thinking of hanging out tonight, but is now not a good time?"

All I had to do was run a hand through my hair and her cheeks were aflame. Between Atsumu and I, believe it or not, it's me who's better at seduction.

"You're still as handsome as ever, aren't you, hun? Haha, it's okay with me, but you may want to check with Shouyou again. He's a bit down in the dumps today."

She pats my shoulder after I thanked her and made her way downstairs. I opened the bedroom door with a heart full of hope of seeing Shouyou again.

But he wasn't there.

"Huh?"

A breeze blew past me, tempting me to glance toward the window, which was open. He had left.

-----

Atsumu's POV

"Let's just check, first! Ya don't know if he headed there or not!"

Osamu slapped my head as we continued walking down the pathway to our home. Mom was surely asleep by now, so we had a feeling Shouyou would've snuck through the window as we had all done a million times before.

"I already told ya we'd check! Ya better bet yer ass he's there!"

We also entered through the window, and the sight before us shocked us so much that we could only stand there with wide eyes.

Shouyou was crouched down in the middle of Osamu's bedroom floor, sniffling quietly with his face tucked into his knees.

When the sound of the window closing alerted him, he turned to us in surprise. His sleeves acted as tissues for his tears.

"Sorry, uh, I'm kinda late, haha. Mom chewed me out."

"No, no, it's okay."

I made my way to his side and swept him up into my arms. I laid my body on the floor, and I had him trapped between it and my arms.

Surprisingly, he didn't try to pull away. It was as if he melted in my touch, almost. Osamu grabbed a blanket and laid down beside us after tossing it over Shouyou.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"... I'd rather not. Thanks, though."

Osamu began running his hand through Shouyou's hair as I massaged his hips. Each movement we made on him made his cheeks warmer and his body more and more vulnerable to us.

"Shouyou, ya know ya can talk to us, right?"

"Yeah..."

I tried to tilt my head and catch a glimpse of his face, but his hand distracted me by clutching onto the side of my shirt.

Soon, though, that hand planted into the tile below us and tried to push his body away. I gripped tighter onto him.

"Why don'tcha stay here tonight? We can... play video games? Get yer mind offa things?"

Osamu pull him off of me and rolled over so that wide-eyed lil' Shouyou was pinned under him.

"'Samu-"

"Or... we could do something else?"

This wasn't supposed to be happening tonight. Shouyou's supposed to be resting and getting attached to us. We made an agreement that we wouldn't attack him.

Osamu had a clear view of Shouyou's face. What kinda face was he making to make Osamu lose control like this?

I yanked him off by the back of his collar and let Shouyou sit up.

"Sorry, 'bout him. It's upta you whether or not ya wanna stay here."

His eyes fluttered down to his fiddling fingers. Osamu shrugged me off and scowled, but my eyes were on Shouyou.

"I don't mind that, you know? The biting. I don't know how it works, but... If you need it, I wanna help in any way I can. Just... don't make it hurt, please."

I could barely hold the growl that bubbled in my throat at Shouyou's vulnerability. He really has no idea what he's agreeing to, does he?

"And... video games sound nice."

Shouyou stood up in a fluster and made his way to Osamu's bed to spread his hands over the soft blanket before he flopped down on it and sighed.

Osamu was quick to stand up, and I couldn't bring myself to reach out to stop him because I was barely hanging on to my last string of sanity.

"Ha, I'm gonna enjoy this~"

=====