After hours

Requested by @yungwoo11 hope you like it

It was Friday and Wes had just finished up some trials with the new patients when he checked the clock.

3:42 am

He and Deb were most definitely the only people still here.

Walking through the hallways at night was erry, he felt like he was being watched, every shadow could be a threat. 

How does Ben do this every night? 

Ben was the main security guard for the nights, though he was never actually given the job. Wes assumed he did it just to appease Nelson. 

Or get closer to Deb since she stayed late most nights. 

But then where was he? 

Passing the building's main doors, he thought about just ditching Deb and picking her up later. She would be mad at him for leaving her, I'd rather not take the risk of leaving her again. He'd done it once before and slept on the couch for a few weeks as punishment. When she had finally let him back into their bed he couldn't be more happy to be with his wife.

Wes shook his head trying to clear it, it was late and he just wanted to go home. A small thumping could be heard behind him, something was wrong and he didn't feel safe anymore. He sprinted to Debs office knocking over equipment in his way, the thumping turned into running chasing after him. 

The chase lasted forever and Wes was getting exhausted, the thing behind him was running faster than before, so fast that Wes started to believe it wasn't human. 

When he got to her office he tripped on the stairs and fell through the trapdoor, smashing his head on the hard concrete floor.

He got up expecting Deb to rush over and yell at him, he did just break her office. Silence, even the person that was chasing him had gone silent. 

Looking up he saw his wife, head resting on her desk, not aware of what was happening. Despite the pain rushing through his head, he melted seeing her. Gently he picked her up and opened the small escape hatch under her desk. He didn't want to go back through Syntec, he slipped inside and came out on the backside of the parking lot. 

He quickly walked to his car and started it, placing his sleeping lover in the passenger seat. As he pulled out, he noticed that all the lights in Syntec were on, even his and Nelson's offices (which no one was supposed to go into) lights were on. 

I don't think Ben is even in there anymore, he goes home around 1, never after...

Wes made a silent vow on the way home, he and Deb would never step foot in the offices after Ben leaves.

At least they don't have to go back in till Monday.

Yes, I know i changed it quite a bit, but it's my story