CHB- The Pod

I wrote this a few years ago, so bear with me!- Mal

I grew up in the big city of New York with my mom and my adopted sister, Ella. When I was 14, my sister and I got hired by some weird science people (that was the name I and Ella had given them, since their initials were W.S.P. and they wouldn't tell us what it stood for) who were trying to make it possible for a Pod to take you wherever you wanted to go. Since we got hired together, and we the only ones there, we grew closer, and when i was 15, my sister told me she was the daughter of Venus! Now, of course I didn't believe her, course, how could you be the daughter of a planet?! She quickly explained that Venus was another name for Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love and Beauty, and that got my attention! From then on, she swore she would take me to a place called Camp Jupiter, the place she had grown up most of her life, until she was eight. She said she had gone to the "real" world and our police found her, didn't believe she had a home and put her in adoption, where me and my mom found her when i was 5, we fostered her for a year and then my mom adopted her. Near my 16th birthday, the W.S.P. said they had accomplished creating the pods, and they wanted us to be the Ginny pigs. Our mom wasn't sure at first, but then the W.S.P. said they would double are pay, so we went. The Pods didn't work though, and i was badly injured. My mom was very upset at this and told us to quit, but the W.S.P. pleaded we stay at least six more months, and the next time we were the Ginny pigs, we would get a tripled payment, we stayed. Six months later we were going to quit, but they said they had finished, and they were 99% sure it was going to work this time. We told our mom we were going to try the pods again, but she pleaded for us not to, and we ignored her. Ella took one look at a Pod and said it wasn't going to work, so she told the W.S.P. that we quit, but they didn't believe it wouldn't work, they shoved us in a room and locked it, we stayed in that room for a whole day with no food and water, the next day they said they had a bomb in the building, and we had two minutes to get in the pods and leave or we would die. Ella pointed to one and told me to get in it, i did. And before i knew what was happening, she slammed my Pod shut and said, "Camp Jupiter!" and pressed START. "No!" i screamed pounding my fist on the screen, where i could see outside. I saw her mouth 'I love you' then she got in her Pod, just as mine flew through the air, broke through the glass window, and launched into the sky. "Please!", i screamed as loud as i could, "Don't leave me!" I cried and cried, until everything turned black.

I woke up on a little island, my Pod in pieces and my head throbbing from hitting it so hard. But i still remembered everything. My sister, with bright blue eyes, a gorges smile that had always made me feel worm on the inside, her long golden hair tied up in a pony-tail. She told me to find Camp Jupiter, find my Godly parent, whoever he or she may be, she was so sure i had one, i couldn't let her down now. I got in my half Pod, which looked like a little one-person boat now. I drifted out to sea for a couple of long boring hours, and what do you know! I saw a medium sized boat/ship thing and started waving like crazy. A pretty girl with a blonde hair pointed at me. I was so happy to see life that i quickly stood up and fell into the cool deep water, but i didn't care, i swam to the boat like my life depended on it. (which it kind of did) When i got there, a guy about 18 with brown curly hair dropped down a ladder and i greedily climbed up. When i got on the boat/ship, I took a good look around, the one with blonde hair, and another with curly red-brown hair, then there was the guy who had dropped the ladder down. I was going to say something, when i realized they were all looking at me. I looked at myself and saw that i was dripping wet, my orange hair was stringy and, in my face, and my black shorts and light blue crop top was soaked through, I quickly wrapped my arms around my stomach.

"Uhh, thanks, my name is Isabella..."

The blonde girl spoke first, "My name is Annabeth, and this is" - she pointed to the guy, He grinned and bowed, "Leo Valdez, at your service!" I smiled and bowed back. The other girl spoke, "I'm Hazel, and right behind you is my older brother." I turned to find a boy about 16 or 17, he was wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt with a skull on it, i didn't realize i was staring until i met his eyes. I cleared my throat, "Sorry" i mumbled.

"I'm Nico di Angelo, son of Hades." he said. I couldn't believe it!

"So, your, like, a Greek Demi-God?" i asked. He nodded. "Do you think you could take me to Camp Jupiter?"

"Actually," said a new voice. "We're going to Camp Half-Blood right now." I turned around to find, yet, another guy, he had with black hair and pretty green eyes. He was holding a brown blanket, and he tossed it to me, i immediately pulled it around my shoulders. "We can take you there first, and then...."

"Thanks." i said "And you are?"

"Percy." He said, as if the name was supposed to mean something. He cleared his voice, "Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon."

"Cool!" i said, "my name's Isabella, daughter of Someone!" we all laughed and that night i had dinner with them and i told them about what had happened and a little of about my sister, then they told me about Camp Half-Blood and Prophecy's, and Gods. When everyone went to bed, i sat on the edge of the boat. "You lost a sister?" i turned to find Nico. I nodded, i still didn't really feel like talking about it. He nodded, "i know how it feels...i" his voice cracked, then he whispered, "i lost a sister too."

When i woke up, we were at Camp, the day went ina blur and i woke up the next morning in the Hermes cabin. For breakfast ididn't know we had to sit at are tables, so i went and plopped down across fromNico, he quickly told me, and I realized everyone was staring at me, my faceturned as red as my hair, and I walked to the Hermes table. After I finishedeating, I stood up, and realized everyone was staring at me again, I didn'tknow why until someone called out, "Welcome, Isabella Dane, daughter ofHermes!" Everyone bowed for about ten seconds, then got up and continuedeating. Travis came up and hugged me, then grinned and walked away, I took offthe 'Kick Me' sign and hugged his brother, placing it on his back, I glanced atTravis and he winked. That night, by the water, I found Nico. "So, whatare you going to be doing while I'm out pranking the camp?" Heshrugged, "You know, "normal" stuff." We both laughed and Irealized it was the first time I saw him smile. And I thought then and therethat I was going to make him smile more, we had both lost are sister, but Iwanted him to know (and myself) that even through the hard times, there wasstill room for a smile. "Come on." I said grabbing his hand lightly.And together, hand in hand, we walked to the camp fire. And I knew, this wouldbe my new home, I would find my mom and introduce her to Nico and my otherfriends and everything would be okay, thanks to my wonderful sister, Ella.

Name: Isabella Dane

Nickname: Issy or Bella

Hair: Orange

Eye's: Light Blue

Skin: Pale Tan

Height: 5'2''

Age: 16 1/2

Best friend: Nico di Angelo

Boyfriend/Crush: None

Siblings: All children of Hermes as half siblings (includes Luke Castellan, and Travis & Conner Stoll) Also a half-sister named Ella.

Godly Parent: Hermes

Godly Parent Roman Name: Mercury

Biggest fear: Claustrophobia

Weapon: None...yet.