🏹Choosing Day

I wrote this on the spur of the moment lol not the best... and I couldn't find a good name for this story! I never found out if ladies were allowed in battle school, any of you know? Maybe since it was like based off the medieval times, they weren't, but idk -Mal

Here she was. Sally had waited patiently ever since her best friend, the only person she thought of as family, had left 5 years ago after getting accepted as a Ranger. Of course, she still saw him a few times a year and heard great news of what he was doing, but it wasn't the same. Soon she was (hoping) to see him a lot more. Not that she wanted to be a Ranger or anything, no, that was all Bradley. Speaking of Bradley... The brunette headed girl looked around but didn't see her friend anywhere.

"Are you the only one? I thought there were two others." Martin asked her. She shrugged, "I thought they would be here."

Martin sighed loudly, "Well, they better hurry up!"

"I'm sure they'll be here any"- she was interrupted by a fit of giggles and her best friends, Linda and Bradley came running from behind them. Bradley laughed at something Linda said, and Linda had a blushing smile on her face. Sally couldn't help but feel jealous. "All right you two!" Martin said, and Sally faced him. "Everyone in line order, tallest to shortest!" He said before placing a smile on his face. "Follow me." The four of them went into a big room, the baron's office, and the choosing began "Here are the kids of age for this year sir." Martin said, stopping and standing in front of the Baron.

"Oh, no need to always yell, Martin, I'm not that old yet." Baron Arald said. "Well, Martin, you can get the Craft masters in here I suppose." Martin hesitated, not sure if that was an order. The Baron muttered something and raised his eye to heaven then looked back. "Martin?"

"Uh, yes sir! Yes sir." He said a little quieter the second time. A minute later the craft masters came in one by one and formed a line in front of them.

"All right." Baron Arald said. "Who's up first?"

"I am sir!" Linda said cheerfully. The Baron raised an eyebrow.

"This is"- Martin started, but was interrupted.

"Linda! Sir, er, My Lord. I'm Linda Stray, age fifteen." She spoke.

"Well Linda, what is it you would like to...do?" The Baron asked.

"Scribe school My Lord!" She said excitedly. Sally gave a surprised look as did others and Linda nodded rapidly. "I can do it; I know I can!" The Baron turned to the scribe master and he nodded, "I can see potential and I've seen her work before even if she was just messing around." Linda blushed and the baron nodded. Sally would have listened to other things that were going on, but she still wasn't completely sure what she would chose. All night she had been deciding either Master Chubb or Mrs. DaLacy. And she still had a nervous ball in the pit of her stomach about seeing her friend, Would Will even recognize her? "Sally Owen, Sir!" Came Martin's loud voice. Sally jerked her head up from where it had been looking down at her boots and blushed. And speaking of Will, she looked up and locked eyes with the Ranger, Halt. She swallowed and looked to his left, then went still. Will smiled at her and before she new it her arms were around his neck and he was holding her tightly. He chuckled softly, "You got taller!"

She sniffled and hugged him again. "You didn't."

"Aw, this is what I get for letting you come with me." The bearded man said behind Will. "Don't mind him. This is my mentor, Halt." Will said in a low voice. Halt merely shrugged. "Do I get a hug?" A high voice asked and Sally turned around to find Alyss. She gave the tall girl a tight hug and the Baron cleared his throat. "Quite a lovely reunion." He said with a smile. "Now, Sally, what master would you like?"

Sally gave Will another quick hug and went back to her standing place. "Diplomat, sir!" she said loudly. Seeing Will and Alyss had given her more confidents, and she said again loudly. "I would like Diplomat my lord." The Baron turned to Mrs DaLacy and she turned to Alyss. Alyss nodded, "We would play Diplomat all the time back here, and Sally is a great actress."

"I trust your word, Alyss." Mrs. Dalacy said, then turned to The Baron. "Approved and accepted."

"Great. Congratulations, you all got what you wanted, and your days start early tomorrow, so make sure to get your sleep tonight." Baron Arald said. After giving Will a few hundred more hugs the Craft masters left and the three 'new to be' apprentices sat in a circle on Sally's bed. "Wow, I can't believe we all got in!" Linda said.

"Right?!" Bradley agreed and Sally felt another shot of jealousy. Control yourself! She said to herself in her head. "So, your pretty close to Will?" Bradley asked, not completely meeting her eyes. "Ya!" She said, then thought again, she didn't want Brad to think they were that close. Well, she did, but not in like, a... that way. Will was like a brother to her and she knew he really like Alyss, and not in the sister type. Without thinking she smiled to herself and she heard Bradly sigh. "Wills like my brother." Sally said quickly and Linda stifled a lough. "What?" Sally asked with a look of self-right. Linda hesitated then let out a chuckle. "You guys should really look at yourselves!" Bradly blushed and looked down.

Linda rolled her eyes, "you guys like each other, do I need to spell it out for you? And yes, I know I promised both of you I wouldn't tell the other, but today could very well be the last time we all see each other and I want us all to be happy and not think about the what ifs." She smiled and hugged them, then climbed into bed. After that Bradley and Sally whispered together for a few hours, but I won't bore you with all that, just know their night ended with their first kiss.

Name: Sally

Hair: Brown

Eye's: Blue

Skin: Light Olive

Height: 5'2"

Age: 15

Best friend: Will Treaty

Crush/Boyfriend: Bradley (Other 🏹 Fan Fic I've yet to write)

Siblings: None

Home: The Ward

Apprentice as: Diplomat

Mentor: Pauline DaLacy