Chapter II: Leaving Home For The Greater Outdoors

It was time. Ace was waiting for you by the door, bag on his back and tears streaming down his frowning face. You rushed towards him and enveloped him in a huge hug. "I'm gonna miss you, Ace," you said in a sad tone. He sniffled. "I'll miss you too," he whimpered into your shoulder. The hug lasted for a good five minutes until you both let go and he stepped back to open the door. You followed him down your gravel pathway and stopped again at the gate. All the creatures of the Nether were waiting to see you and Ace off. Giving Ace one last hug, you watched as he and another Piglin walked off into the fiery depths of the Nether.

The leader of the tribe of Pigins stepped forward. "We are sad to see you go, but would like to thank you for your continued kindness all these years. Please be safe and take this gift," he said in Piglin while handing you a beautiful, shiny black Hoglin tusk. "If you are ever in need of help, blow into this tusk and we will rush to your aid," the female alpha added after stepping to stand next to him. You nodded.

"Thank you. I will be sure to use this. I hope the Nether creatures are okay without me. If anything happens here I will appear as quickly as possible!" you replied. A baby Piglin came forth and you recognized her as the newest addition to the group. She handed you a first aid kit, along with a spare set of Netherite tools and armor.  "Thank you, little one," you thanked her, and she smiled.

You fidgeted with the backpack you wore. You had fit all the gifts from the Piglins there, along with some enderpearls from the Endermen and blaze rods from the Blazes. There was a lot of food too, and multiple building materials. Finally, you had extra magma cream jars settled at the top, with some ghast tears leaning against them. Spreading your leathery wings, you waved once more at the Nether mobs you had known for the past 16 years and flew off into the depths of the Nether.

Tears were threating to spill as your powerful wings beat the foggy Nether air. You had been a loner before you had entered the Nether, but then you met all of the Nether mobs and that cold outershell had melted. Now, however, you would have to build the icy wall around your heart and soul again, and just the thought hurt.

A few hours later, you had landed in a warped forest and created a small tent from the wool you had. You couldn't place a bed in the Nether and sleep without it exploding, so you explored the area surrounding the forest. It wasn't very interesting, and you wouldn't be able to sleep anyway, so you gathered your materials again and continued to fly.

At some point, the Nether vibe started to feel off. Curious, you continued to fly and scout the area. There didn't look to be anything wrong. You shrugged and turned around to go somewhere else- wait.

Is that...

A HOUSE?!

*𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮! 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗯𝘂𝗶𝗹𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲, 𝗵𝗺𝗺? 𝗚𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘄𝗲'𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 ;)-𝗖𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘀*