Chapter III: Home Away From Home

You were bewildered. You had thought you were the only one here except the Nether mobs. Who could have built that little cottage in a hill? Thoughts flooding your brain, you decided to get a closer look. Everyone says that 'curiosity killed the cat'. However, the truth is, Stupidity killed the cat, and Curiosity got framed. This probably wasn't stupidity.

    You were careful to keep your wing beats silent as you approached the house. If anyone were indoors, you didn't want to scare them. Silently creeping around the wall, you snuck up to the door. It was spruce wood, but you thought that was only in the other dimension called the Overworld. You hesitantly raised you claw to knock, and rapped on the wood. After a few moments passed, you spread your wings to fly off. However you were interrupted by a screech from inside. You paused, but kept your wings ready in case you were attacked.

    Instead of an arrow or weapon, though, you heard someone scramble frantically from the door, and then a loud SHATTER as glass hit the floor. It seemed like the someone had hit something in their haste to get away from you, and your thoughts were confirmed to be true when there was a yell of pain. Your brain sprung into mama hen mode as you clawed through the door in one swoop. You rushed inside straight to the source of the sound, and when you saw what happened you grabbed the first aid kit and darted to the person's side.

    Carefully wrapping their arm with some cloth, you didn't even pay attention to what they looked like or who they were. The only thoughts going through your head in that moment was 'help them'. You heard their breathing slow a little, and their tense shoulders relaxed as you bandaged their wound. After a few minutes, you finished and looked up at the person you helped.

    The someone looked like a person in his 20's.*just go with it my friends!* He had golden hair, and lightning blue eyes. He looked afraid to speak, so you talked first. "Hello! Didn't mean to scare you, sorry. I wanted to see the interior of your house," you said. He looked up at you. "Oh, uh, hello...it's alright. I-I guess I wasn't expecting a dark demon outside my house," he replied. Your eyes widened. "You know what a dark demon is?! I didn't think that anyone in the Nether would know what a rare creature from the End was," you asked, surprised. He nodded and gave a small smile.

    You opened your mouth to continue the conversation, then nearly face palmed in realization. "I'm (SD/N) by the way," you introduced yourself. It was his turn to widen his eyes. "(SD/N)?! Like the leader of the dark demons that went missing years ago?!" he shouted. You nodded sadly. "Yeah. Been stuck in this hellhole ever since then. The creatures of the Nether treat me like a God, though. Pretty cool, eh?" you told him. He was still frozen in shock.

    You stood up from kneeling by his side and dusted yourself off. "Well, gotta go. Have a nice life!" you waved at him. He stuttered and sputtered while clambering to his feet. "W-wait! (SD/N)!" he shouted. When you didn't stop, he ran in front of your path. "Stay for a while please! I haven't really talked to anyone for a while... " he pleaded, whispering the last part. You sighed. "Fine. If you're really that desperate, I'll stay for a bit," you said, acting bored even though you were flipping out on the inside with excitement.

    This would be a weird while.

*𝗮𝗮𝗮𝗮𝗮𝗮𝗮𝗮 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗮𝗮𝗮𝗮

𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿! 𝗦𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲, 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘇!

-𝗖𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘀*