Chapter 17

Red illuminate rays of sunset shone over the furniture of Alayna's new office.

Alayna had learned the basic ropes of running the business, but obviously there was a lot more that she needed to learn for she owned half the business.

She had been introduced and had introduced herself to all the shop floor staff who were shocked to say the least to find out I owned the firm that they were working for. And the board of directors who were aware that Ayla's daughter would arrive at any time, and take her inherited seat within the organisation.

The business had expanded.

Rapidly.

There were multiple shops in all the cities of Pakistan, the name 'Ayla Khan' was amongst one of the best designers in Pakistan.

The legacy of a dead woman had grown quite generously.

Quite ironic isn't it, she was spoken well of by strangers but her own husband seemed to spit poison whenever the topic of his late wife arose.

She was learning about the business through financial statements, target reports, performance reports, research papers that had been conducted by other firms as well as their own.

Everything seemed to be fine, in tact.

But it was possible that something could slip pass Alayna's untrained eyes, so she did what she was entitled to, she enrolled herself onto a business course which outlined the major things a business owner should know. Especially as she owned the business.

That's right she owned it.

Ayla had split the shares 51-49, meaning that Alayna would be able to call all the shots.

Alayna was also praying that her mother had left her a book or something to help her manage the business. Halima was nice but she couldn't trust her fully yet.

She grabbed the files that she needed and placed them within her bag, that she needed to upgrade if she didn't want Zunair to be suspicious.

She didn't want him to know what she was doing until she knew how to manage everything.

Today had only allowed to tick off the business.

Tomorrow, she would have to go and claim her stakes in all the properties she had been given by her mother as well as something else.

A lot needed to be done.

"Come pick me up."

She needed to complete one last task today.

The tyres of the car screeched to a halt in front of the dark alleyway.

"Are you sure you want to be going down there?" He asked with a hint of fear.

She simply nodded in response.

"Make sure you stay near this area. I'll be an hour tops."

And she trudged into the darkness, both physically and figuratively.

"What is it you want to know?" Asked a gruff voice.

Alayna's eyes trailed from the table that they sat across from each other to meet the eyes of the man who will find the answers she needed.

She pushed out the paper of all the info she needed.

"Obviously, I need the info of the person at the top of list ASAP. The rest you can take your time with." She shrugged.

"Oof, lady. This is a long list, are these enemies or potential enemies?" He smirked, knowing the company rules, didn't allow such answers but she was a woman, what would she know.