˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ chapter one

disclaimer,

i wrote this like YEARS ago (feels like it) and some of writing back then included some scenes that were a liiiittle cringe sO I'M GIVING U AN OFFICIAL CRINGE  WARNING RN 😭😭 (i swear i am a changed person now)

————————
࿐⟡༝⟡࿐
————————

THE FLOWER GARDEN — JOE HISAISHI

————————
࿐⟡༝⟡࿐
————————

chapter one!

————————
࿐⟡༝⟡࿐
————————

a chapter all about ballroom fairies, royal queens and wars fought with diamonds and smiles

————————
࿐⟡༝⟡࿐
————————

THERE THEY STOOD, TWO strangers. 

none of them uttered a word, although the mahogany-haired, abashed brunette kept sneaking curious glances at the suited gentleman standing next to her, whose rosy coloured lips were touching the edge of his glass.

the red liquid of the wine grazed his lips barely, and cordelia couldn't stop looking at him. he was a beautiful man, and she was sure she had been blessed by the gods above to have been graced with such a perfectly created man.

his jawline was drawn sharply, his eyes in a dark, inky syrup kind of brown shade, his hair in a softer and more gentle brown, and his pale, long fingers wrapped around his glass of wine.

i want to draw him.

cordelia darlene grace, also called "darling" affectionately by her close friends and family, was an overwhelmingly passionate, lovable art and music teacher at mystic falls' high school, an aspiring artist and a lover of the beautiful — no matter what it might be.

she could find beauty in the simplest things, and then she would find the most alluring and artistic words to decorate it aesthetically — cordelia had taken a liking to that. and how did she find these "beautiful, little things"?

easy, by observing.

just the way she did with the man standing next to her, the man who could have straight jumped out of a botticelli picture.

"so, uh... you don't big crowds, too?" she asked bashfully, nervously fiddling on her dress with her trained pianist fingers.

the man next to her tilted his head towards her, a lazy smile now playing around the corners of his lips.

"you don't seem to as well." he replied with a friendly glint in his eyes, as he took in her appearance.

she looked like a fairy — an angel. a creature sent by heaven to him.

my soulmate.

for a second, his eyes widened in surprise, joy, confusion and everything mixed up, as he listened to her honey-coated, quiet voice.

"well, there's a lot of people. people make me nervous. i mean, no, they don't actually, but what does make me nervous when i see do many people i don't even know and then i think about having to talk to them and actually, you know, converse with them, and that is when i start to panic and get all nervous and fidgety, and you know what's even worse? they're — wait, oh goodness! i'm so sorry, i'm rambling again, aren't i?"