7

(Sumire's POV)
I was purring as Tanjiro was stroking my head with his hand and red Roses were blooming on the tips of my hair which caused the scent of fresh green meadows. I still remember the day he told me he liked me.

(Flashback)
I had been giving Inosuke his medicine since he had gotten sick after dealing with a demon who could create ice. After he fell asleep, I quietly left the room and went to the garden to relax. In the garden, there was a cherry blossom tree. I created it personally after I wanted a reminder of my big brother, Gregory and my little sister, Magnolia who died when a demon attacked our home.. cherry blossoms were Magnolia's favorite as she was born in April. I was allowing the petals to fall as I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

I looked and I saw Tanjiro smiling and a blush forming on his cheeks. "Hey, Sumire-San." He said as a tiny blush formed on my face. "Hello, Tanjiro. What can I do for you?" I asked as he leaned into my ear and whispered something I'll remember for the rest of my days. "I like you, Sumire.. ever since we met, actually. after you helped that woman's arm and Saved Nezuko from the Temple demon.. I fell even more in love with you when you comforted the kids.. so.. will you be my girlfriend?" I didn't say anything but kissed him underneath the cherry blossoms.

(Flashback end)

I smiled when I remembered that day. I could tell Tanjiro knew my scent changed as he wrapped his arms around me. "Ironic, isn't it? Ever since Muzan began dating your Cousin, Heather/ Utahime-Oiran, there haven't been any demon attacks. And everything became peaceful.." I smiled faintly. My Cousin was keen on avenging her Sister, Elvira. But when she came back, Heather became a regular Oiran and she confessed her feelings to the demon king. She never knew love since she was born broken..

(Heather's POV)
As I was combing my long brown hair, I felt arms wrap around me. I looked and saw my boyfriend, Muzan clinging onto me. Ever since I cured him of his curse and he now walked in the sun, he has been able to go out in the sun for my sakes. "Muzan, darling, what are you doing?" I asked with a small smile. "I still think about the days when you used to be an Oiran. Yet.. you never stop surprising me." He said while our rings glittered in the sunlight.

He had them crafted from a special metal. My ring had carvings of Peonies and a Ruby with a floral setting while his had carvings of Rosettes and a small single Ruby. They were promise rings since we decided to wait for a while for marriage so, we didn't rush it. When me and my cousin met up once, Tanjiro was angry with him for killing his family and turning his sister into a demon. Muzan was scared of Tanjiro because he once told me about why he was afraid of the same Hanafuda earrings and how they used to belong to a slayer named Yoriichi.

We diffused the situation and kept an eye on them. I laughed a little at the memory, they were talking about who's lover was cuter after we broke them up. Muzan noticed and poked my side as I laughed.

(Muzan's POV)
Even after everything, she still told me she liked me.. I wrapped my arms around her, clinging onto her. Heather turned her head and smiled. "Muzan, darling, what are you doing?" She asked. "I still think about the days you used to be an Oiran. Yet.. you never stop surprising me." I said in a soft voice as our rings shined in the sunlight. I heard her laugh a little and I poked her side, causing a laugh to escape her. I began to tickle her as she squealed.

She made a run for it as I chased her. I eventually pinned her down in our bedroom and my breath hitched of how Perfect she looked.. her brown hair with blue tips surrounded her head like a halo, her black orbs sparkling like black onyxes, her soft red lips.. I dove in for a kiss as her arms wrapped themselves around my neck. I pulled away and cuddled into her chest, hearing her heartbeat. She radiated an aura of kindness and love.. I had not felt this way until she came into my life.. I hope I don't mess this up.