Chapter 6

Porkchops ran through the one block wide hallway, noticing another exit behind him going up. It must lead to the ledge Porkchops had seen.

The alarm shrilled earsplitting screeches. Porkchops felt like his ears would rip off. But he kept going.

He had to get to Steve.

Porkchops ran into a small room. It had a doorway on the opposite side, and the side where Porkchops had come out of. It seemed like someone had been strip mining here and used this room as a base.

Porkchops was about to go into the opposite hallway when Steve's scent got even stronger than it was before. He was scared, but also...

He was close.

In fact, Steve was so close, that he could trip on Porkchops. And that's what he did.

Steve tripped on Porkchops and fell into the room. Porkchops was so happy, he climbed on top of him and started licking his face.

At first, Steve hadn't recognized Porkchops, but as soon as he starting licking him, he realized who it was.

"Porkchops!" Steve exclaimed, pushing the pig off him.

"Steve!" Porkchops squealed happily in pig language.

"How did you get down here?" Steve asked. The alarm stopped.

"That hallway," Porkchops replied, pointing with his head to where he came from.

"Oh jeez, you came all this way to find me?" Steve asked, his emotions smelling touched.

"Not exactly...It's a long story," Porkchops snorted in pig language.

Then an arrow whizzed over Steve's head. He must be getting chased by Mojang Skeletons.

"Get back, Porkchops!" Steve ordered. Porkchops happily obliged, not wanting to get shot with an arrow. He moved back a bit, and Steve filled the doorway with cobblestone.

Then he knelt down in front of Porkchops. "Listen buddy, things are gonna be a little scary from here on out, okay? Just stay close to me, and you'll be safe. I'll protect you," he said, looking into his eyes.

Porkchops squealed an okay. Then Steve said, "Here, take this." He took off his iron helmet that said Mojang, and, ironically, placed it on Porkchops' head. Porkchops didn't say anything about how Good Spider doesn't like Mojang helmets. He decided to let himself have this moment with Steve. Porkchops stared into Steve's eyes.

Steve stood up and yelled, "Lead the way, Porkchops!" Porkchops obeyed, and ran down the way he had come. He heard an explosion behind them, but didn't look back.

Porkchops decided to tell Steve everything when they got out of the ravine. It seemed dangerous at the moment.

They twisted and turned down the many corridors of the strip mine, until finally they reached the intersection. Porkchops ran up the route leading up, and he sensed Steve hesitating.

"Keep going Porkchops! I'll be right there!" Porkchops heard Steve yell. He didn't know where Steve was going, but as long as he would be right there, it was fine. Porkchops snorted "Okay!" without looking back, and kept running up the route leading up.

Up the ten or so blocks, there was another part of the strip mine running lengthwise of the ravine. There was also a doorway leading out onto the ledge. Porkchops was about to go out there, when he heard someone coming down the strip mine. Porkchops ran back down a few steps and watched.

A Skeleton with a gold helmet walked by. He turned and walked out onto the ledge without noticing Porkchops. He must be the leader of the Skeletons, just like that Zombie with the gold helmet Porkchops had seen earlier.