01. Wasted Youth

01. WASTED YOUTH

Saturday, 11:15 am

He woke up, not to the sound of chirping birds or the sight of a morning sun, but to the feeling of a sudden pain slashing through his weak body.

Tireless and throbbing pain.

It was almost the only thing Parker felt at the moment which would've been more durable if it wasn't holding hands with the high pitched buzzing running through his ears. What time is it?

Hell, what day was it?

He had done it again; drank himself to sleep after yet another round of that stupid drinking game. Some would think that after the second round they'd be done but no, had to take the third round just to prove a point.

Knowing that the alcohol would probably erase the memories, he had done it anyway, and was now trying to remember what had happened in the past twelve hours.

Was there yelling? Or was it just the loud music? He couldn't remember, and in all honestly, he didn't even try his hardest to do so.

Another sharp pain broke through his brain.

''Shit.'' The word pushed itself through his gritted teeth, as he was taking it easy while trying to get up from the floor, his back and neck dealing with the consequences.

A mess.

Not only was he a mess, but he was completely surrounded by it. The smell of soju was radiating off of him as he stumbled to his feet, regaining balance once he stood up. God, he reeked.

With a few glances thrown around, his eyes saw the wooden floors and the bright white walls as his ears managed to hear a soft sound of waves peeking through the large windows; he was at the beach house yet again.

After he ran his hand though his hair, he decided that it was time to wake everybody up, to send the drunken bastards home after yet another night of competing in who can destroy more of their own brain cells.

For all he knows, it was only a matter of time when Vincent's mother was going to show up at this place, the old woman would be yelling, worried as hell which was vivid in her rapidly aging face.

But weirdly enough, no calls have been received that morning. It seemed that when the teenagers finally got some free time, it all felt different without somebody nagging; somebody caring for their own being.

Staggering, his once white oversized shirt was covered in blotches of red color, the smell of it indicating it being red wine, but the color was way too bright. Was it blood? It couldn't be, could it?

Damn it, how much did he drink last night?

Did he do something?

Now slightly panicking, he looked around, eyes in search for the familiar face, the familiar brown hair and cherry flushed lips. But he couldn't find them; he couldn't find her.

Aish, he thought to himself, his fingertips rubbing the throbbing temples. What happened last night?

He couldn't remember. There were only bits of pieces scattered in the back of his head. He remembers having a fight last night. He remembers there being loud noises. Was it the shattering glass or the constant yelling? He wasn't sure of it.

Did she go home, he kept asking himself, walking out of the bedroom and going straight into the living room. Did Joy go home?

Once his feet were standing on the floor belonging to the living room, his eyes scanned the sight in front of him. His head was still throbbing, but he remembers it all now. The laughing, the jokes that were told and the amount of soju they all drank. He remembers it very well. With his sanity still in place, he recalls it as another night out, a bunch of friends hanging out together and having fun.

But the fun was over now, and it was time to go back home, to dive deep back again into the vicious cycle of everyday life, where nothing happens and where almost everyday is exactly the same.

Still battling with his balance, he walked over to Vincent, the boy who was sleeping so peacefully on the floor. His mouth was wide open, the snores echoing as he was hugging the same old gaming console like there's no tomorrow.

''V'', Parker said, his voice husky and slightly cracking. ''Get up.'' He nudged the boy with his foot, only to have him groan and turn to the other side.

''Ma, just few more minutes.''

''I''m not your eomma, but hell, she'll show up in any minute so get your ass up or we're all screwed.''

The boy's eyes snapped open, as he sat up, head heavy and only one sentence running through his mind; I'm not doing this ever again.

While rubbing his eyes, Parker's next intention was to wake up Jason who was sprawled on the old couch, his arms stretched and eyes wide opened. Was he already awake?

''Hyung'', Parker softly nudged the boy on the couch, his thoughts still a bit foggy. ''C'mon, the party's over. Time to go back home.''

Silence.

''Hyung? Hey, wake up.''

But he doesn't respond.

''Hyung?!'' Parker's voice cracked, its sound waking up the rest of the boys.

''No, no, no.'' The blood pounded in his ears, heart thudded in his chest while his hands held his older friend, desperately trying to wake him up. ''Hyung, wake the fuck up!''

Though Jason's eyes remained open, vacant and blank, like a deep ocean flowing into oblivion.

Parker's vision disfigured, as if he was looking through a fish-eye lens, though it only being a result of the tears piling up behind his bloodshot eyes. ''No, no, please!''

His cries have now turned into desperate shrieks, limps trembling as he was slowly losing the energy, losing the hope of his friend waking up, of his friend still being alive.

''Please.'' He cried out, hugging the boy whose limbs went numb, whose heart shut down in the cold night.

Parker had held his breath in a pool before, but this was nothing like that. This was like having a gun to his head and being told not to let his heart beat. Of course it would beat. But not steadily, not anymore.

Now all of the boys were awake, standing in the room while watching as their friend drifted away.

The pain that once burned like fire had faded away to an icy numbness. Parker's voice became silent as one of the older boys, Eric tried to take a step forward, but ended up standing in place. Feet glued to the floor, like a freshly made statue his eyes widened, and he let out a shaking breath. ''Parker-''

''He's gone, hyung.''

Silence.

A silence louder than the cries for help.

''Jason's gone.''

A/N

did this hurt your feelings? good. we can proceed then.

to emma; for being one of the most amazing people on here, for having such a big heart and taking care of almost everyone around her. thank you for being amazing, thank you for being you.

the next 10 chapters will remain the same, with just the grammar being edited. thank you for understanding and for having patience with me. i hope you'll enjoy this. i love you.