Chapter Three

As we up up into the streets of New York, everything was peaceful and quiet up there. A hand opened a manhole cover and the six turtles came stared at the unfamiliar setting with awe. For the moment, only bugs and trash could be seen. And a sleeping homeless man that was using a newspaper for a blanket. Police sirens blared in the distance.

"It's so beautiful," Mikey said.

"Where's all the shiny objects?" Cat pouted, only to receive a combo strike to the head from Raph and Mari at the same time. She clutched her throbbing head, and followed her siblings, who began walking.

"The city is just full of possibility," Leo said, leading his siblings. "There could be an adventure around this corner...or...or this one...or this one!" Leo claimed, pointing at different corners and streets.

"There's not." Mari sighed.

"But there could be!" Leo argued back.

Donnie gasped, pressing his face against the glass of an electronic store. "Look at all the computers!" Donnie said. "Is that the next generation cadmium processor with quantum encryption?"

"I don't know, Donatello. Is it?" Raph asked sarcastically.

"It is!" Donnie exclaimed excitedly.

"Guys, guys! Check this out," Mikey said. He and Cat stared transfixed at a glass case that had a symbol that lit up and then off. "A hand made out of light!"

"Now it's an eye made out of light," Cat jumped up excitedly.

"And the hand again!"

"Now the eye's back!"

"Now the hand!"

"Come on, losers," Mari said, grabbing both of them by the scuffs of the necks and pulling them away to join the others.

"The eye!" Cat yelled one last time.

"So where to next?" Donnie asked, just as they see light and a loud motor.

A human kid stops and stares at the six turtles. The turtles stared back. Raph made a move that the kid took as scary and quickly drove off, causing Raph and Mari to laugh, and for Cat to frown. She wasn't that scary, was she? Raph, yes. Mari, possibly. But Cat? No way.

"That was kinda fun," Raph said, his hands on his hips.

"I call dibs on the next person," Mari said.

"We're too exposed out here," Leo said. He glanced up at a rooftop. "Come on!" He began running, everyone except one following him

Mikey noticed a box and took it with him, mainly out of curiosity.

On the rooftop, the six turtles stared at the box that Mikey brought with them.

Pizz...a," Mikey read the box.

"Should we open it?" Donnie asked.

"I vote yes!" Cat grinned like a little kid on Christmas.

"Careful! It could be dangerous," Leo warned.

Mari sighed, opening the box, the delicious smell of the pizza entering their nostrils.

"I think it's food," Donnie said.

"It's not like any food I ever saw," Raph pointed out.

"I vote that Mikey tries it to see if it's dangerous," Mari said.

Mikey didn't object. He carefully took a slice of pizza and took one nip. His brain explodes. In no time at all, he scarfed it all up, licked his lips and then burped. His siblings stared at him. Mikey seemed okay. "Uh, yuck," Mikey so clearly lied. "You guys won't like it. I'll take the rest—"