Chapter Five

Woah!"

The turtles all stood around the canister in complete and total awe. There was a beautiful blue substance inside of it. Donnie was the one that was carrying the canister in his arms.

"So that's the..." Leo started.

"Mutagen that turned us all into what we are now," Donnie said.

"Wicked," Mari muttered, transfixed.

"Let's drink some!" Mikey said.

"Oh! Yes!" Cat squealed.

"What? Why would either you do that?" Raph questioned in disbelief.

"Cause if you mutate a mutant, you get a super mutant," Mikey said.

"I bet I'll be super adorable!" Cat gained an excited sparkle in her eyes, reaching for the canister, but Donnie pulled it away before she could touch it.

"Or a pile of goo on the sidewalk," Donnie told them.

"Either way, it's an improvement," Raph said. "For both of them."

Cat gasped, offended.

"Guys, this is huge," Leo said, "Whoever kidnapped those people are somehow connected to what happened to us fifteen years ago."

"How is that possible?" Donnie said, staring at the canister.

"For alien robots, anything is possible," Mikey said.

"Alien robots with brains where there shouldn't be brains!" Cat corrected.

"Stop that," Donnie said, exasperated. "There are no such thing as alien robots with brains!"

"Oh, yeah?" Mikey said in a challenging time, walking over to where the man currently sat, fearing for his life. "Well, if there's no such thing as alien robots, how do you explain this?" He tried to peel his face off, but to no avail.

"Aah! Aah! My face!" the man yelled out in pain.

"Man, this mask is glued on tight!" Mikey groaned, still trying to pull the 'mask' off.

"Mikey, stop!" Leo ordered, stepping forward. "It's not a mask."

"Which makes no sense," Cat muttered, crossing her arms.

"It very much does," Mari, who stood next to Cat, said.

Mikey stopped pulling the guy's face. "Okay. He's in the clear. But those other guys were totally alien robots," Mikey claimed.

"Will you get off of that?" Mari demanded.

"No!" Mikey and Cat yelled.

"Enough!" Raph said, grabbing the mutagen Donnie was previously holding. "Time to get some answers." He pulled the guy's shirt, one hand still on the canister. "Who are you, and what's going on?"

"Name's Snake, and I got nothing to say to you hideous freaks," the man said.

"I'm not hideous," Cat muttered. with a slight pout.

"Oh, well, that's 'cause you don't know us yet," Raph said, throwing Snake over to his siblings. Snake tried to get away but Donnie and Mikey held each of his arms, while Cat, Mari and Leo stood behind him.

Raph walked over to him, holding up the mutagen for him to look at. "See, we were just regular guys and girls until we got hit with a little of this," Raph told him, twisting the top off as he talked.

"Wha-what are you doing?" Snake asked.

"Playing a little game I like to call Mutation Roulette. Now you could turn out handsome like me, or you might end up disgusting and deformed, like Mikey and Cat here," Raph said with a grin.