Chapter Three: Talented, Gorgeous, and Legally Mine

{Chapter Three POV: Holly O'Hair}

(Video of the song mentioned in this chapter is attached above and is by Austin Mahone- I didn't write it nor do I have the rights to it, and the video of it was so hard to find, it's actually not the one I wanted to attach, the real version doesn't have piano in it. It's called Shadow by Austin Mahone.)

The last few months of my life had been anything but ordinary. After we'd placed third in the Hex Factor, my new best friends and I have been on such a wild adventure together... Well, with the exception of Cerise. I haven't heard much from her aside from when Apple just called her from our new studio and from hearing her pre-recorded voicemail message, telling me she wasn't available.

I missed Cerise, but there was someone I missed more than that.

My twin sister, Poppy O'Hair. She wasn't gone, I talked to her everyday, actually. It just feels like she hears me less and less every time I speak. I always felt special and appreciated in her eyes, but it seemed like once the rest of the world finally saw what she saw, she changed her mind.

Yesterday, when Apple, Lizzie, Duchess and I were out for a girl's day, the plan was to get mani-curses and pedi-curses, go shopping at the mall, and then getting our hair done at the Tower Hair Salon, where Poppy works part-time. Only, when we arrived there, my mother, who owns the shop, told me she wasn't working today. I didn't need Cedar's lie-detecting glasses to tell she was lying to me. I knew Poppy's whole schedule and told her we'd be coming today, so that we'd only get the best of the best to style our hair. I didn't know where Poppy was, but it hurt.

She didn't come back to our dorm later that night, so I figured she'd gone to a sleepover at Blondie and Cupid's dorm. She'd become good friends with them recently and spent less time hanging out with me. I wasn't worried about it at the time, since I was becoming close with my bandmates, and wasn't going to be around as much anyway if the band became a big thing. Unfortunately though, it seemed as if she'd started avoiding me.

When I first arrived at the studio today, I was in for a sweet surprise.

"Hey, Holly," Duchess said, sitting in one of the swirly chairs around a large, oval-shaped wooden and glass table. We'd been writing songs here for the past few days. "Have you seen the new kid?"

"We have a new kid?" I asked, not hearing of this previously. Or maybe I had been told, and had spaced out. I do that sometimes.

"Yeah, his name's Blake. Sparrow tells me he's going to be the new member of the Merry Men, and plays guitar," Duchess described. "He's kinda cute."

"You like him?" My voice got higher at the end of the phrase, since I was sort of confused at why she'd be telling me this.

"What? No! I'm dating Sparrow! I was thinking you and him would be a cute couple," she chuckled.

"Gross, who's dating my idiot cousin?" said Cerise, bursting into the room and flopping her hood and basket on the chair next to mine.

"CERIIIISEE!" I shouted, giving her a big hug. It was nice to see her after two weeks of absence.

"He's not an idiot!" Duchess shouted defensively, but she was laughing, not enraged.

"Well, okay, maybe he's not an idiot, but he does stupid things sometimes and he's kind of rude sometimes and he smells and-well, basically he's an idiot." Cerise smiled a sarcastic, joking smile, and Duchess rolled her eyes.

"It's so good to see you! What happened, why did you leave right after our performance? We had an awesome sleepover at Apple's- we really missed you!" I said, playing with a lock of my long hair that hadn't got tied into my ponytail.