Chapter Ten: I'm Taken- And So Are You...?

{Chapter 10 POV: Cerise Hood}
(Video attached of the Fifth Harmony song Reflection from later in the story)

This morning, I was feeling so much better. I don't know for sure what made me feel so sick last night, but it could've just been from nerves. I had a lot of things going on, more than the others. The secret I'd let out about Daring and me last night at the interview had turned into a new issue- keeping my relationship going and strong when Daring might not be so sure about us anymore.

Tonight was the concert- the one we'd had to reschedule after last night's events. Nothing was going to stand in the way of me making this concert perfect for our fans. We'd be starting the tour in the nearby White Kingdom- Apple's homekingdom. Kitty had argued that we should start here in Ever After since we still had finals week next week, but the band and I decided as a group not to do that since we wanted to have the tour finale in Ever After. The finale was going to be the best show, I think, and most of our fellow students had reserved tickets for that show. That was also the show that we'd given Daring, Sparrow, Blake and (reluctantly, this morning) Austin tickets to, though they'd probably (with the exception of famous Austin) be coming along with us and chilling backstage for the entire tour, since it will be summer vacation soon.

Speaking of Austin, Lizzie had not left his side all day today. Duchess told me that when she'd arrived at their dorm late last night, she'd seemed breathtakingly happy. That was quite relieving, since Lizzie deserved someone that made her happy. Next on the list of my friends to help find a boyfriend is Apple. Hehehehe.

Apple had invited me to spend the day with her in her homekingdom today before our show tonight. She had invited all of us, but Duchess and Holly had day spa appointments together and Lizzie was spending all day with Austin. I had planned on chilling with Daring today but after last night, I wasn't feeling up to it, so I was totally okay with clearing my schedule for Apple.

Now, we sat in a little cafe called Foam that was Apple's favorite place for coffee in the whole kingdom. We sat at a small round white marble table and in fancy curly white-cushioned chairs, a lot more luxurious than anything I'd ever been to. In my village back home, people kind of just don't bother with each other. It's not close knit, like Apple's kingdom seems to be. Everybody knows everyone. Apple greeted every single person using their first names, and when Apple introduced them to me, they didn't address me as "visitor" or even "Princess Apple's friend," they addressed me as simply "Cerise." That was nice.

Apple had ordered us both her favorite drink on the menu- two cinnamon apple fairycinos. She insisted that they were the best drink she'd ever tasted, and she was pretty spot on. The flavor was off the page delicious.

"You know, I've been thinking," Apple began, pausing to take a sip of her drink, "Apple is getting sort of formal. I need a nickname."

"Okay, any ideas?" I asked, looking my friend in the eye. She was right. Everyone always called her Apple. Apple, Apple, Apple, it's all she hears all day. No informal nickname from her friends. At the same time, I didn't really have a nickname either.

"I was thinking Ally," she responded after a moment.

"I like that, Ally," I accepted the nickname.

"You should have a nickname too. I can't think of any ways to shorten Cerise though. Well... It does mean cherry... How about Cherry?" Apple suggested, as if reading my mind.

"I like it. Apple and Cherry- a fruit salad," I said jokingly.

After we finished our drinks and left the coffee shop, Ally gave me a tour of the whole town and her castle. The White Kingdom is so beautiful and fancy. I wish my home, or even Ever After, was like Ally's kingdom.

*

"Concert time! Go go go!" Kitty had shouted, thrusting the five of us onto the panel that would lift us up through the stage. We huddled together, nervous and worried about falling off.

We stood with our backs to the crowds in poses as the panel became level with the stage. A single spotlight shone down on us, and Lizzie began snapping.

Snap. Snap. Snap. Then we began singing a pretty tune of ahs.

"Ah-ah, ahahahah-ah-ah."

Then we stopped, and the music for Reflection began to play. While unreleased, it was a finished song, so we would still perform it, and open with it, on the tour.

Lizzie started the song, "I must confess, you're looking fresh." Lizzie turned around to face the audience as she sang. The crowd exploded.

"So fresh," Holly echoed, still facing away from the crowd.

After Lizzie finished her part and Holly sang hers, it was my turn. I turned around singing "ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, they don't make 'em quite like you. Ooh-ooh-ooh-it ain't bragging if you know it's true." My voice was surprisingly not shaky, though I was nervous.

Once we finished off Reflection, we sang a few more songs, and with every song I grew more comfortable on the stage. Before we knew it, we were rushing backstage for a costume change.

In a whirlwind of lights, people, and a roaring crowd, I dashed backstage to quick change. Ally's dressing room, along with Duchess and Lizzie's, was on the other side of the stage. I finished before Holly, who was in the middle of getting a quick hair cut. Because during a concert Holly sings so much, and due to the fact that her magic hair grows when she sings, she needs to get it cut every few songs (so she doesn't trip and die or something like that, I dunno I wasn't paying all that much attention when they were boringly lecturing us about it).

Quickly, I was moving toward the backstage area to wait for my girls when something grabbed my arm and made me twist back around. And then there was somebody kissing me. My eyes went wide, noticing who it was, and who it wasn't. It wasn't my boyfriend. It was someone who I do not fully trust yet, and here he was, kissing me. And pushing the hair away from my face. Nooo. No no no- not my hair- he's going to see- but why is he here anyway- who let him backstage? I pushed him away, struggling to get him off of me, and shrieking the entire time it happened. He noticed something he must've been watching for on the visible other side of the stage and casually turned and walked away like nothing had just happened. And now Holly was back, and we were rushing onto the stage again, me fumbling with my hair, pulling it over my ears again.

But... I didn't even get a chance to confront him, or tell Daring to beat him up (he deserves it- okay maybe he doesn't but I'm angry), or even reapply my lipstick...

Our next song was Don't Wanna Dance Alone, which I know I start, but I was frazzled and not prepared. When I was cued, I shook my head, ignoring it. I felt Ally and Holly looking at me concernedly to my left. I shut my eyes hard and tried to focus. I was cued again a few seconds later, and this time moved on with my lyrics. "Calling all my girls, there's an SOS tonight, let's have some fun, yeah," I sang, my heart not really into it, but my body pretending I was. Calling all my girls, there really is an SOS, but I'm not having any fun.

Reversed from before the quick change, with every song I felt more worried. Did he see? What will his girlfriend think? How even is this okay? Why did he kiss me anyway? I barely know him! I could feel myself slowly withdrawing from focus, and fazing in and out of okayness. Then, during a song I think was probably Leave My Heart Out of This, everything blacked out.