Chapter Twenty: Blowing Up the Breakup, Part 2

Kitty's POV gets me so excited to write from bc her sense of humor is so different! It's more sarcastic, as Cerise and Duchess's are more cute and quirky, and Lizzie, Holly and Apple aren't very humorous.

{Chapter 20 POV: Kitty Cheshire}

Less than two weeks since my best friend broke away from the undeniable jerkiness that is her ex-boyfriend and ex-Prince Austin King, I receive word that there's photos of him in the media with another girl already, sparking new rumors. How is this my problem? Well, simple. Fans are now speculating that the reason Lizzie broke up with Austin is because he was cheating on her with said girl. We knew this to be true, but not the complete story. Instead, because of Holly's wishes to keep the tension low between the group and Prince Backstabber, we- excuse me, I- I get no help around here- must construct a way around not only his massive ego, but Lizzie's also.

Solution? Lecture him about it privately and make no public statements on the matter. That's what I decided to do, and may it not be the most professional choice, I deemed my best friend's feelings more significant than my professional requirements and would do what any good best friend would do. Break his face, since he broke her heart (or at least break his face metaphorically,  i.e., his ego).

I did have Cerise, Duchess, and Duchess's nut-brained boyfriend on close watch within tonight's concert venue to avoid creating more drama, but figured they wouldn't even notice if I, quite literally, disappeared for a moment.

I reappeared in front of the wrong boy.

"Kitty?!"

"Blake?!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Where's Austin?"

"Oh, so that's what this is about."

"What else would it be?" Blake was holding quite a few notebooks and a full guitar case in his hands. "And why exactly are you here?"

"I'm getting my stuff and leaving, exactly what it looks like," he said. He was trying to appear annoyed, but I could tell he really wasn't. He almost sounded sad.

"Leaving? Isn't this your job?" I mean, I know that was nosy, but I'm Kitty Cheshire, isn't that what I do?

He shook his head. "Not anymore. I can't work with Austin anymore."

I rolled my eyes. "He's your best friend. Are you really going to do this because of Holly?"

Blake closed his eyes and looked away and off into a mysteriously nonexistent distance, which I have to admit was rather pathetically dramatic. This is real life, not a direct-to-DVD rendition of Romeo and Juliet or some other sappy romance."I'm not doing this because of Holly. I mean, I am, but not really- you wouldn't get it."

No wonder Holly likes him, he sure brings the Holly-like drama. The old "oh, sigh, everyone assumes I'm just an oblivious teenager" bit.

"And you- are you sure this isn't about you, not Lizzie or Holly?" I had not expected Blake to retaliate. He wasn't Austin, why was he doing this? How much does he know?

"No. I'm doing this for Lizzie,"

"Are you sure?" Blake's smile was devious and he knew exactly what he was doing. I was getting more and more frustrated. He wanted me to be more angry- I'd take it out on Austin and he wouldn't have to.

I crossed my arms over my chest and tried to calm myself down but that attempt was fleeting. "It was one kiss! I was thirteen!"

Blake raised an eyebrow, smirked and opened his mouth to egg me on more when you know who discovered our presence in his studio, only, yknow, about ten minutes too late.

{Fun fact, originally I wrote this scene with Austin and said new rumored girlfriend barging in mid-make out (aka super uncomfortable for Kitty and Blake both. Wait, Blake and Kitty weren't making out, if that's how you interpreted that sentence.. Anyway.) but I think Austin has the decency to not be that despicable only two weeks after the whole break up with Lizzie, likes Holly thing.}

"Wow, two people I really didn't want to see right now," he mumbled. As he uncomfortably shuffled, his sneakers made obnoxious squeaking noises on the floor.

"Something we see eye to eye on for once," I grumbled back.

Blake just walked toward Austin, his recent conflicted expression had changed to one of pure hatred. I almost, way way down, teeny tiny, in the very little tiniest lowest point in my heart, felt bad for Austin. Blake was still his best friend. I'd hate if a guy was able to come into my life for such a short time, as Holly did for these two boys, and ruin my friendship with Lizzie thereafter. Like I said, only a very small portion of my heart, because I frankly couldn't care less about what happens to mister Anti-Wonderland.

Then Blake left without saying anything more. I was ready to go in for the kill but remembered what Holly had wanted. She didn't want me to crush his image, and now I knew why. She still needed him in her life. She still needed a friend. Holly wasn't over Blake, she still isn't. But here's a new question... Is Holly over Austin?

***

After shamefully admitting to Austin I was showing him some mercy, I returned to the concert venue to find a very bored Cerise laying upside down in a chair backstage and Duchess and Sparrow sitting around the table to Cerise's right, playing Never Have I Ever After.

"Never have I ever been related to Cerise," Duchess said with a ridiculously confident smirk on her face.

"Now that's just unfair!" Sparrow shouted, putting another finger down.

I rolled my eyes at the immaturity, but I was silently relieved that they were keeping busy without causing drama. At least one out of five girls' relationships were drama-free. It was rare enough that all of them have (or, rather, had) boyfriends at once, but what were the real statistical chances that four out of the five would be majorly problematic? I didn't sign up for this.

"I hate that kid," Lizzie complained as she stormed into the room.

"What happened now?" I groaned.

"I just watched Austin's most recent interview. They asked about us. Do you know what he said about me? Do you know what he said?" Lizzie ranted.

No, I did not know what he said. I thought I made that obvious when I asked her what the problem was. "What?"

"He said that it 'just wasn't right for us' and that he is a 'big fan of the band' and still 'loves and wishes us the best'!"

"I'm not seeing what's so bad about that," Cerise said from her upside-down position.

"Isn't it obvious! He lied to their faces! Off with his head!"

"You're missing the point here," Cerise continued, "he didn't lie. He's telling the honest truth. He's still friends with Holly, he wouldn't badmouth her band. He knows better."

"Oh... Right...." Lizzie's cheeks flushed pink.

"What did you do?" I asked skeptically.

"I may or may not have posted this on MyChapter...." Lizzie said, passing her unlocked mirrorphone to me. Her post said 'we don't need your love and best wishes.'

How do you keep your rogue band members from causing drama if you can't take away the Internet?