Chapter 3: OVER THE TOP SPECTACLE

"GET 'EM FLECHLING! AERIAL ACE!"

"DON'T LET THEM BEAT YOU TYROGUE, RETALIATE WITH BULLET PUNCH!"

Y/N watched from an outdoor cafe as two young trainers, likely rivals from the ferocity they battled with, battle on the streets of Senetar city.

"Bahiin. (This reminds me of that time we fought Chuck.)" Judas reminisced on their battle against Chuck's Polywrath. That was their first big challenge on their original journey.

Y/N didn't answer Judas as he was focused on the battle. "That Tyrogue has impressive defense to tank through this many flying attacks. It's Attack isn't that bad either. I'll bet that girl gets a Hitmontop."

"Bah? Hiiin.~ (Seriously? This is why you don't find battles fun~)" Judas complained about Y/N's over analysis.

Y/N still ignored Judas and watched the battle intensely. "Hmm...neither of them are that experienced though. They aren't using their surroundings in anyway."

"Bahin. (If their battle is so interesting, why don't we go look for one?)" Judas asked rhetorically.

The battle soon came to a close with the girl with the Tyrogue emerging victorious.

"..." Y/N downed his cup of coffee before getting up from his chair. "Let's go."

"Bahiin!? (Are we clobberin' something!?)" Judas asked with childlike excitement.

Y/N turned a corner, only for somebody to crash into him, scattering papers everywhere.

"Tch! Watch it jackass!" Y/N yelled at the man who was gathering the papers. The man immediately took of running without a word, leaving a pissed off Y/N, and a cackling Judas. "You, shut it!"

Calming down, Y/N rose to his feet and began dusting himself off. "Tch, why'd I choose to wear white? Now I need to get this outfit dry cleaned."

Judas crouched down and picked up a paper that the man forgot. "Ba! Bahiin! (Oi! Check this shit out!)" Judas presented it to Y/N.

"Huh? Whatcha got there? 'Want change? Time for a Revolution!'" Y/N read the flyer. "The fuck is this foreshadowing? Whatever, not our problem." Y/N walked off as Judas frowned and tossed it away.

////

"Pokebounties?" Y/N read off the board.

He and Judas were currently outside of Mecha-nada's ranger association headquarters, where Judas pointed at a board full of posters of pokemon fugitives.

"Interested?" A woman wearing a flashy ranger uniform walked up to Y/N.

"Depends. What exactly is a Pokebounty?"

"Well, Mecha-nada is a place where many trainers come to test their skills. Inevitably, many rookies come here and are humiliated by the veteran trainers. Since they're still new to training, they blame their pokemon for loosing and release them. These pokemon then go on to cause trouble in cities, stealing food and attacking civilians to survive." The ranger explained. "We don't have many members of the pokemon rangers here in Mecha-nada and it's hard to keep up with every incident. Thus, we started the Pokebounty system, where we reward anybody who's able to bring in any of these abandoned pokemon so we of the rangers association can relocate them to their natural habitat!

Y/N looked at the board. "Doesn't sound like something for me. I still don't know how to catch a pokemon after all."

"Of course, we're willing to compensate you with anything, within reason of course. Money, potions, pokeballs."