Chapter Three

1986, Sesser Illinois

   My eyes were hopelessly shouting for help. The sunlight was heartless enough, to burn my eyes, and I hated it.

   That's why, I was forced to finally get up, and shut the curtain. I couldn't help, but get annoyed by the mess in the whole room.

  Clothes, and trash, like empty bottles of alchohol lying on the ground, dirty plates on the desk, and containers of medicine messily placed on the chest of drawers. 

  I look into the mirror, hanging on the wall, next to the window. I was only with a yellow, a little too big for me shirt, and black underwear. My messy brown hair, that had strands of it sticking to my cheeks were yet another thing to annoy me today.

  I quickly find my pair of blue jeans, that I wore yesterday, and  put them on. While looking around, I can't help but think of how did I get here.

This isn't my house.

- This place is disgusting,- I mutter under my breath, and carefully, to not step on any dirty clothes, I walk to the door.

The smell of breakfast had already reached my nose. I silently lower the handle and open the door.

A small living room, not so cleaner than the bedroom that I woke up in, was filled with the sounds of radio.

-You put the magic in me, I feel the magic when we do what we do,- a voice coming from the right reached my ears. I frown my brows and slowly start walking towards the voice.

-And ooohh,- the manly voice sang so horribly, and yet so loud, that becoming deaf sounded like a great option at the moment.

I walked to the doorframe, with no door, and saw a tall man in the kitchen, holding a hot pan in his hand, jamming to the song.

  The top of his head was bald, reflecting the sunlight, and below it, he had black curls, messily moving with him.

To my surprise, the kitchen wasn't filled with empty cans of beans, or mountains of dirty dishes. It was clean.

-I can't do without you for too long!- I flinched from the man shouting this part of the song. Honestly, you could barely even hear the radio, placed on the table, next to the fridge, on the left.

-Youre my situation...You're my kinda lover!- he gave me a whole performance, with choreography and everything. And just when he saw me standing in the doorframe, with my arms crossed and a funny look on my face, he accidently dropped the hot pan.

But the pan had better plans, than hitting the ground. It fell directly onto his foot.

   The man shouted inpain, which made me want to become deaf even more.

- Was it neccessary?- he sighed in disbelief, blaming me for what has happened.

-Was what neccessary? You're the one who dropped the pan,- I shrug,  and smile when I see two plates with freshly cooked eggs and bacon next to him.

-Hey, just incase you need to be reminded, this is my house, and...

-And it's dirty as hell. Gosh, have you seen all the dirty dishes in the bedroom? And all those empty bottles of Vodka?- I begin to speak calmly, but with a pinch of sarcasm in my voice. My eyebrows frowned.

  The man, wearing a white tank top t-shirt, light brown shorts, and brown sandals, just rolled his eyes, and placed the plates on the table.

  I was hungry as hell, despite the fact that I don't remember a single thing that has happened yesterday, from the time that I reached home, it didn't bother me, that I was in this stranger's house.

I sit down the table. The man was already inhaling his food with chopsticks.

-What, don't you have a fork, or something?- I questioned.

-I didn't wash them, but I found these extra chopsticks from  a chinese food restaurant,- he slid me a pack of unopened chopsticks, and I rolled my eyes.

Who eats eggs and bacon with chopsticks?

-So, I have great news,- he starts speaking with his mouth full. But when I ask what does he mean by that, he just looks around, and starts searching for something.

  A few seconds later, there's two big glasses, standing on the table, and a half empty bottle of vodka in his hands.

-Seriously?- I ask.

He pours himself a full glass, and only half of the glass for me. Unbelievable. But I wasn't planning on drinking today, so he will just probably chug all that's in the glass by himself.

- We might have a new mission, and thats why we're leaving to California, to visit an old friend of mine,- he finally speaks, after drinking the whole glass of crystal clear liquid in one go.

- I'm sorry, but who's we? As in you and me?- I slightly choke on my bacon.

I don't give myself another second to think, and drink the alcohol from my glass.

-Pour in some more,- I say, after chugging half glass of Vodka in one go.

  Hello my dear readers, I just wanted to thank y'all so much for  reading, and here's two chapters for today, since I couldn't post yesterday. Chapter Four coming tomorrow<3