Chapter Five

[In Russian]

  -Why bring cigarettes, if you don't bring a lighter?- he sneers, taking out a metal covered lighter from his pocket.

  I mock him and take the lighter from his hand.

  Finally. I needed this so much.

  My mind calmed down a little, when a few hits of smoke reached my lungs.

- So what brings you here, pretty lady?- the same guard asks, after putting the lighter back into his chest pocket.

  I stay silent for a second, enjoying the cigarette and the cold wind, tickling my cheeks. Talking to someone, especially him, is the last thing I want to do right now.

  I roll my eyes. Without feeling any need to answer, I start walking down the stone based stairs. Moving the cigarette away from my lips, I let the pressure of my lungs slowly push the smoke out of themselves.

What? Does he feel the urge to know everything now?

  When my feet reaches the uneven asphalt pavement, I continue to walk somewhere, where I can be alone. Just my thoughts and I.

  To my misfortune, I hear footsteps following me from behind, coming closer and closer every second. And now that certain someone is already walking next to me.

  - Why the fuck are you following me,- I huff in annoyance, not even bothering to look in his direction.

- You haven't answered my question, pretty lady,- his low, cocky tone was pissing me off. I could sense him smirking again.

You wanna see a pretty lady?

Look into the mirror, you little pussy.

  - And why should I answer your question?- I cross my arms, holding onto my jacket tighter, with my right hand lifted up, a cigarette between my fingers, a few inches away from my face. It's cold as heck.

- Oh, cut this bullshit, I know you're up to no good,- he rips the cigarette out of my hand, lifting it to his lips. The mustache of his slightly moves, as he puts the cigarette in between his lips. I can't help, but stare at his cheekbones standing out, as his lips form into a 'u' position, while inhaling the smoke,- that's why, I'm going to keep an eye on you,- he slightly squints one of his eyes, while looking at me, the corner of his lips also slightly lifted up.

- Of course you will,- I scoff, placing my right hand into my pocket, where the knife is.

I'm going to get rid of you. Can't decide how yet, but I will.

  I look around. We're already quite far away from the Camp. It's just a massive amount of felled trees, stacked on top of eachother. There's no one here, except us. Now's my perfect opportunity.

   I push the guard to the nearest stack of wood, strongly pressing his chest. I quickly pull the knife out of my pocket, with my head lifted up to see his face, the knife now placed below his chin. Even though he was taller and could easily throw me off, he didn't move an inch. The smile from his face disappears for a second, but it didn't take him long, to grow it into a mocking smile.

With the cigarette still in his lips, he breathes out the smoke  into my face, blinding me for a second. But it just makes me press him to the wall even harder, tightening the hold of the knife near his neck.

  - I beat the shit of you once, who says I won't do it again?- I put even more pressure on the knife, making sure I won't cut him, just yet. 

   His blue eyes stare into mine in amusement. Didn't expect a pretty lady to do that? 

  I felt the tension grow stronger, which made the desire to dig the knife into his skin even stronger.

   A histerical laugh leaves his lips. "Suka" (bitch) he mutters under his breath, before lifting up his hand to pull the cigarette out of his lips.

  And suddenly I'm being roughly pushed away, by the strong hands of his. Strands of hair falling into my face, because of how hard I tried to keep the balance.

  - You're a tough one, I'm not gonna lie,- he says, taking a big step towards me,- so brave, yet so pathetic,- he drops the cigarette to the ground, stamping it with his shoe. His hand slowly brushing of the strands of my hair to the sides. 

  He leans to my ear.

  - You're threatening the wrong person,- he whispers,- you should be thankful, that I keep my mouth shut. But eventually, I will find out what you're up to myself, and I'll be more than glad, to end the traitor with my own hands,- he leans back, with a smile on his face.

Bastard

- Oi, Antonov! What are you doing?- a shout from the distance echoes. I move my head to the side, seeing the shorter guard standing with his hands in the air, telling the guard in front of me to come back.

- I have to go, pretty lady,- the guard, who's last name is Antonov apparently, speaks,- don't get in trouble,- he winks, as he's starting to walk away.

  _____________________

   My hand reaches for a pen, lying on the table to my right. The cold black metal, covering the pen, sent goosebumps down my hand.

  After sitting in front of the table for a long time, re-reading the documents again and again, I finally move my hand to sign it.

  Without waiting for any doubts to enter my head, I start writing my signature on the paper with no hesitation.

  A blue ink, coming out of the pen started engraving my initials above the line.

  What have I done?

    I don't know what to say, so hi! I hope you enjoyed this new chapter!!<3