fifteen)

I woke up the next morning to the sudden sound.. well I guess I could say that I was woken up the next morning, by the sound of cluttering and the strong smell of burning.

"shit shit shit shit shit!" I heard a yell from outside the bedroom.

I furrowed my eyebrows before pulling myself out of Eddie's bed and into the kitchen.

He's cooking..

"hey" I leant against the door frame.

"breakfast?" he grinned cheesily.

"what's cooking??" I wondered, walking into the room.

"well.. I'm attempting to do pancakes.." he chuckled nervously.

"sounds good" I nodded, making my way to the island to sit down.

"okay" he smiled before walking over to me, sliding a slightly burnt pancake onto the plate already laid out in front of me.

I looked up and made eye contact with him.

I smiled at the boy and muttered a thank you, before he did the same to his own plate and sat down next to me.

"this is actually.. not bad" I chuckled.

"Huzzah! Succession!" he threw his arms up in the air.

"you're such a nerd" I shook my head, continuing to eat my breakfast.

"you wait for Dustin and I's yearly Star Wars marathons" he nodded proudly.

"are you kidding me?? I've been wanting to get in on that for years!" I exclaimed.

"are you saying I could've met you years earlier??" he gasped.

"..I guess so" I shrugged.

We finished our breakfast and headed off to school in his van.

The fact that he dropped me off told me that he probably didn't plan on attending school today but I didn't ask him about it.

A part of me hoped he would ask me to ditch with him but.. oh well.

I made my way into the building and was instantly called after by a familiar voice.

I spun around and saw my beloved Robin stood in front of me.

"Y/N!" she exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug.

"hey beauty! how you doing??" I smiled at the girl.

"I've been okay, how about you??" she smirked... I could tell there was something on her mind.

"I've been good" I smiled. I could feel my face warm a little.

"that's good! uh.. could I ask you something??" she grinned.

Fuck.

"go ahead" I replied nervously.

"do you wanna come and save me at work tonight from whatever the hell Dustin and Steve are gonna be annoying me with?? please I don't think I can take it anymore" I think she said it seriously... I couldn't really tell.

"yeah.. okay" I chuckled lightly.

"you're the best!" she kissed my cheek before rushing away.

I guess that's my plan for tonight.

The day at school was... unbelievably boring and I didn't see Eddie which proved me right from earlier.

I wonder where he goes when he ditches school.

He probably just smokes or.. hooks up with people.

Whatever.

I'll see him tomorrow.

I met up with Steve and Robin at the end of the day and followed them to work, they worked at the video store which is.. really fucking cool actually.
It's not usually busy, especially on school days but they had to deal with the awful weight.. of Dustin and Steve talking about random nerdy shit for hours on end.

"so Y/N. We haven't seen you in a while" Steve leaned over the counter at me.

I wasn't really sure what to say.

"I think I know why" Robin pursed out her bottom lip.

"and why's that, Robberino??" Dustin gasped.

"I saw Eddie drop them off at school this morning" she smirked.

"How's that?? you were at Robins last night??" Dustin furrowed his eyebrows.

Shit.

"were they now??" Robin gasped as the three turned back to me.

"I.. uh.. I went over to watch a movie and that's it. I didn't tell mom because.. well.. she wouldn't let me stay at a boys house" I chuckled, playing nervously with the cash register.

"you slept over there!?" Steve exclaimed.

"nothing happened! Nothing is going on! Now can we please stop talking about it" I groaned at the three.

They all nodded gently, and Dustin and Steve went back into their movie conversation they were always in at this place.

"do you like him??" Robin asked.

"who??" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"who'd you think??" she chuckled.

"we're just friends, Robin. I promise" I nodded. "and I don't promise unless it's the truth"

"okay" she nodded gently, turning to attend to the customer who had just walked in.

"so.. dusty" I slid over, interrupting the boys' conversation. "when do you do this Star Wars marathon??"

"... why?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"cause I want in" I shrugged.

"really?" he stood up excitedly.

"fuck yeah. I love those movies" I smiled.

"okay" he nodded.

"hey.. hey what's this??" Steve whined.

"oh.. we do a star wars marathon every year" Dustin explained.

"I've never seen the movies, can I join?" he pouted.

"I don't see why not" Dustin shrugged. "now can we please snoop through customer database??"

"Dustin!" I exclaimed.

"what?? They do it!" Dustin pointed to the two coworkers.

".. okay but if you get hunted down by the FBI.. I'm not gonna protect you!" I threw my arms as he excitedly rushed behind the counter towards the computer.

I sighed heavily before following the boy behind the counter to see what app the fuss is about.

It turns out, you can search up anyone's name in the computer and see every movie they've ever rented from this place.

That's so sick.

"hmm... are you looking to hire any time soon?" I wondered, causing the other three to chuckle.