Chapter 1

I was now in a room in front of a bomber that was caught by the FBI. He was an extremist and a homophobe that detonated a bomb at the LGBT Community Center here in New York causing casualties. I don't usually accept requests from the FBI since I've retired but I couldn't walk away when they told me that the guy confessed to planting another bomb somewhere in New York.

"I've instructed my client to remain silent." The man's lawyer who was sitting beside him said making me lean back on my chair.

I looked at the convict and noticed his anxiety as his fingers kept moving since for him this is a flight or fight scenario so his body is sending adrenaline in his hands and feet that's why he couldn't keep still

"He's not gonna talk." The lawyer said making me look at him and smile.

"That's fine. My mentor always told me to never really trust words. Since an average person tells 3 lies per 10-minute conversation. And granted we're talking about regular people, we haven't studied about homophobic bombers." I smiled as I look at the bomber and look at him looking at me clearly unbothered.

"Now the FBI knows you want mass casualties and now ATF is searching every last LGBT bar, community, and museum in the city." I said and noticed him smiling for a fraction of a second making me nod. "Hmm."

"So the FBI got it wrong. There's a shocker." I say sarcastically. "So it's not one of those places." I said as I thought of other places that a homophobe like him would attack. I then realized that he was a Catholic-Extremist

"Maybe you want one of the churches that support LGBT and LGBT marriages." I suggested

"You don't know what you're talking about." He finally talked and I noticed a slight one-sided shoulder shrug for a second meaning that he was lying and I was right.

"Don't respond!" The lawyer reminded him and I keep composed to not show him that I actually knew he was lying.

"What do you say ATF starts with the Metropolitan Church." I said and got no reaction from him. "I'm kidding. Let's skip that one."

"We're going to focus on the River Church." I said and leaned forward. "You feeling good about that one?" I asked and saw his scorn for a fraction of a second making me smile and stand up.

I then went over to the one-way glass knowing FBI agents were watching me. "Go to the River Church. The bomb is there." I said making the lawyer stand up. "That accusation has no basis!"

"What do you mean? He just told me." I said and looked over to the bomber and smiled. The lawyer was about to say anything when the door opened.

I looked back and saw an FBI agent looking at me. "Thank you for your help." He said and I nod then walk out of the room.

I was walking down the hall when I spotted a familiar face. "What are you doing here Maria?" I asked her as she was walking toward me.

"It's good to see you too Agent L/N." She said and I rolled my eyes at her. She then motioned me to follow her so I did.