Chapter 27

"I can't do this. I can't do this." Jeff started saying as he was walking back and forth in their house.

"Look, Jeff. It's easy. Just let them in, we knock them out. We interrogate them in your basement then we're done." I said as I'm sitting on the couch with Gisele and Karen.

"I'm inviting someone who made a deal with an arms dealer inside my home. Of course, it's not okay!" He said loudly while Karen and Gisele ignore him and just kept talking.

"Why can't you just invite them to your house?" He said and I stared at him. "Jeff it's evening and we're not that close with them. They need to go here so they'll feel safe and wouldn't think we caught onto them." I said but he just started pacing again.

We then heard a knock on the door making Jeff panic even more. So we all stood up and I go to Jeff and held his shoulder. "Look at me, Jeff. Calm down. Just let them in and we'll handle the rest." I whispered to him as Gisele went to her position.

"Hello? Jeff? We got your text. You said it was urgent." We heard Dan's voice which made Jeff tense up. I then pushed my thumb between his eyebrows and he starts to calm down a bit.

"Go." I whispered and went to my position. "Coming!" Jeff said loudly as he went by the door and Karen stayed in the living room

"Jeff, what was so important we had to meet you now?" Dan asked as Jeff opened the door for them.

"Karen passed out and I don't know what to do. She just won't wake up." Jeff said nervously which I think made it sound more believable. "Oh god! Where is she?" We heard Meg ask and I look over to Gisele who nodded.

"She's in the living room." Jeff said and we heard footsteps quickly approaching. We then saw the Craverston's back as they look at Karen who was standing and waving awkwardly at them.

"We thought y—"

I didn't let Dan finish as Gisele and I quickly knocked them out as we hit the back of their head with the butt of our guns.

They were about to fall but Gisele and I made sure we catch them before they hit the ground so they don't suffer any more injuries.

"Jeff open the door to the basement." I said as I start dragging Jack to the door.

Jeff and Karen then helped us bring the Craverston into their basement. I then instructed Gisele to get the chips from the Craverston's house while I tie them up on a chair and put duct tape on their mouths.

Once Gisele was back she had a tupperware with the chips in it. So I then decided to wake up the two as I took some ammonia in my pocket and made them smell it instantly waking them up.

"Good. You two are awake." I said as I close the bottle and put it back in my pocket. "Look what we got." Gisele said as she shook the tupperware in front of Dan and I saw fear on his face.

"What is that?" Jeff asked as he looked at the tupperware. "Your friend here was about to sell these to an arms dealer." Gisele said as she opened up the tupperware and showed it to Jeff who went closer to check it.

"That's what we make at MBI?" Jeff asked as he picked up one of the microchips. "What are these?"

"Microchips. And in the wrong hands, the information on those chips could be used to undermine the entire US missile defense system." I said as he looked at me.

"Honey, maybe you shouldn't touch them. Remember how Dan smuggled them out?" Karen said and Jeff looked at Dan before sniffing it and throwing it back into the tupperware. "Oh god!"

"Why would you sniff it? You know what never mind." I said as I text an update to Riley.

"Why did you do this Dan?" Jeff asked as I was still on my phone. "That's exactly what we're about to find out, Jeff." Gisele said as I finished sending.