She Wouldn't

**LUKES POV**
We were sitting in the truck on the way home. Til wasn't talking, Kells was pissed at me so she wasn't talking either. They both had their air pods in. I reached over to Kells. She moved her hand. I reached up and took her left air pod out.

"What?" She said pausing her phone. I looked and she was listening to Thomas Rhett. She even had a text from him.
"That pissed you can't even listen to me?" I said a little irritated. 
"Luke I only listen to you when I'm not irritated at you." She said rolling her eyes.
"Whatcha two talking about?" I asked her.
"He asked what I think his next single Should be." She said.

I rolled my eyes.

"What?" She said even more irritated.
"Does Lauren know you guys are talking?"
"Lauren is like one of my best friends. So is he. What the hell is your problem?"
"I just don't feel comfortable with it..." I said.
"Are you fucking kidding me! Since when! You were soooo happy when they were here when you were gone you were soooo happy I had someone closer to my age! Now you don't feel comfortable with me talking to Thomas??" She said, she was pissed.
"Sorry I said anything..."
"Yeah you should be sorry..." she said. She threw her phone on the floor with her air pods.
"What the fuck." I said.
"How about you text him and tell him I can't talk to him anymore."
"Kelly..."
"I'm serious Luke."

"Do you really gotta be a douche bag to everyone in your life?" Til said from the back.
"Boy..." I said threw my teeth.
"It's true... your ego needs to come down a little"
"How about you just keep your mouth shut until we get home..." I said.
"Kris is so lucky she can have her car at school..." he mumbled.
"You'll be lucky if you drive your car with this attitude." I replied.
"Youre so unfair, I hate you, I wish aunt Kelly would've just came and got me...." He said. My heart shattered, him saying he hated me. I just kept quiet.

Kellys phone started ringing. It was Thomas. She reached down and handed it to me.

"Just answer it Kelly." I said pissed off.

"Hello..." she said putting it in speaker.
"Please tell me you don't hate it that much you didn't reply" he said laughing
"Of course not. My husband is just in a mood." She said I rolled my eyes.
"Let him slide." He said.

I felt even more like an ass for my comment.

"Listen it'll be better if you don't send me any new music. I'm sorry." She said.
"Kelly... what's wrong...?" He asked.
"Just, don't worry about it. I'll talk to you at some point. Bye." She said with tears in her eyes.
"Okay, bye..."

She hung up. She put her air pods back in. My phone started ringing. About 5 minutes later. It was Thomas.

"Hello...." I said. I looked over and her eyes were closed. She was really into the music, I looked back and so was til so I decided not to turn the Bluetooth off.
"Hey man, what's up with Kelly?" He asked.
"I'm an asshole that's what..." I said upset and pissed at myself.
"Why what happened??" He said surprised. He really shouldn't be but he was.
"I may or may not of said told Kelly I don't feel comfortable with her talking to you... shes pissed at me and I made a comment of how she was listening to your song and then proceeded to get jealous."
"Luke...man...." He said.
"I know I know I'm dumb." I said.
"Listen, you know I would never do that to you but she would really never do that to you. I know you know she was a mess when you cheated but Luke she was REALLY a mess... she got really dark... Lauren got really scared a few times..." he said. I sighed.
"I just don't know why I said it."
"Heat of the moment.. If you're uncomfortable I'll stop texting her. She just has such a great opinion on music I use it as a resource."
"No she needs you, you're like her Niko..." I stopped and thought about it.
"Man I don't know about that."
"No you really are..."
"Well then I'm honored because he seems like an awesome dude."
"He really was..."
"Just apologize, you know her she can't say no to you with a fight like this when you turn on the charm."
"Haha, I guess. Can you just text her again please."
"Of course and tell her her husbands an ass?" He kinda questioned.
"Just because you get joy out of admitting I'm wrong yes."
"We will talk soon okay. Hang in there."
"Bye buddy."