Chapter 2 - Strength and Skills

Deep within the sealed cave there rested the mighty Storm Dragon Veldora, though now known as Veldora Tempest. Before him was a small slime, albeit one with power far exceeding all other slimes. Having formed a pact of friendship and with Veldora having given the slime the name Rimuru, they prepared to take the final step, albeit the first one to free Veldora.

"Are you ready then Veldora?"

"Wait Rimuru. Before we do this I forgot to mention..."

"Yes? What is it?"

"You recall how I mentioned there was another otherworlder I met not too long ago?"

"Yeah? What about them?"

"Well you see, they've been visiting me somewhat frequently, and I feel like abandoning them without notice might not be the best thing..."

"So would you like to wait? I've been in this cave for who knows how long already, I don't mind a bit of a wait."

"No, no. It's impossible to know when she'll come back. For all I know it could be tomorrow or it could be over a month from now, I couldn't ask you to stay. Though if you meet a demon named Tanya, know that she is a friend of mine, as well as a fellow otherworlder."

"I see, I'll be sure to remember that! Is that all then? Ready to get in my stomach?"

"Kyahahaha! Let's do this, friend!"

With that the slime, Rimuru, utilized his skill Predator to devour Veldora along with his Unlimited Imprisonment which had sealed him there for 300 years. After a few moments the cave went silent, Veldora's aura disappeared, and the world as a whole would begin to shift in more ways than one.

A strange presence suddenly fell across the forest, or rather it was the lack of a presence that was the problem. Veldora's aura had made the forest relatively peaceful. There were a number of monsters and beasts, but none of them were rouge enough to go after more than their needed prey. Now, without Veldora's aura pressuring them, who knows what havok will be caused. It's best if I remain vigilant.

However what concerns me more is how he vanished. Veldora was supposedly, as his aura seemed to suggest, one of the strongest beings in this World. For him to disappear, and so suddenly too, something must have happened. He mentioned that he was slowly running out of magicules within his Unlimited Imprisonment and would eventually run out and die, but I didn't expect that it could happen so soon, or so suddenly.

Frankly I would check out the cave to find out why, however.... If there turns out to be some entity stronger than Veldora that sought to destroy him, it's best if I stay away from it. Though what probably pisses me off the most is the loss of a valuable asset! Veldora was a True Dragon, which I found out are basically the equivalent of gods in this world, although since they don't incite worship I have little problem with it. As a True Dragon, he was basically the strongest ally I could ever get if I could find a way to get him out.

Now he's gone and I'm back at square one! Closest thing I have to an ally now is that demon Noir, however I can't quite judge his intentions. He contacted me again the next time I slept after becoming a Demon Peer, however that conversation didn't quite go too far considering I don't even know what happened. Regardless, not only should I have not evolved immediately to Demon Peer after being named, but I also have magical energy expected of a high end Arch Demon, not a Demon Peer. This meant that there was some vast quantity of magicules stored somewhere in my soul that is only gradually coming out. He claimed that given enough time, all of it will be released and I'd have power ranging from the average Demon Peer to supposedly a 'Devil Lord.' Course none of these terms mean much to me yet since I'm unfamiliar with this world.